23

"I've gotten you a Christmas present." Draco spoke again. 

"Ha. Ha. Ha." I spoke sarcastically, rolling my eyes. 

"I actually did." Draco spoke in a more  serious manner.

I turned my head toward him quickly. 

Draco gave me a sweet, soft smile. 

"Really?" I asked him. 

I honestly thought he was joking. 

"Yes, really. If you would like to come to the Slytherin house, so I can give it to you... that would be nice."

The Slytherin house was by the dungeons, located deep into the castle nearly under the black lake.  

Their common room was always dark and cold.  

Draco shut the door behind us, a lot quieter than I expected. 

The two of us stood next to each other awkwardly, in silence. 

"You know, you can sit down." Draco let out a light chuckle. 

"Right." I replied, walking over to his bed, and sitting on the edge. 

Though, I've only ever sat on his bed once before, I didn't remember it being this comfortable.

"Oh my god." I practically moaned, as I laid back onto his bed. 

"Make yourself at home." Draco came over and sat next to me. 

I quickly sat back up.

"Sorry." I quickly spoke. 

"No need to be sorry.  Like I said, make yourself at home." A small smile appeared in the corners of Draco Malfoy's lips. 

"You don't have to tell me twice!" I quickly flopped back down, and sprawled across the entirety of his bed. 

"Soft, isn't it?"

I closed my eyes for a moment, and let out a pleased sigh. 

"It's the most comfortable thing I've ever laid on.  Mhmmmm, I could lay here for an eternity." I smiled, as I opened my eyes again. 

Draco moved closer to me. 

"If you quit hogging the whole thing, I could lay down too." Draco joked. 

I rolled my eyes sarcastically, before moving over and making room for him. 

Draco laid down on his back next to me, and we both stared at the ceiling. 

"How come your mattress is different from mine?" I asked him. 

"You probably have one of the school issued ones, which are older than Dumbledore himself.  I brought my own." Draco spoke softly.

"Yeah, that explains the springs that poke me every night. "

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot." Draco said digging into his pants pocket. 

I squinted my eyes at him, as he held his closed fist in front of me. 

"You had it in your pocket the whole time?" I tried to force myself to sound annoyed, "then why did we have to come all the way here?"

"Yes I did. To be honest, I really just wanted to lay down." Draco let out a laugh, "Now, open your hand."

"If it bites, I'm punching you in the fucking face." I laughed, opening my hand. 

Draco shook his head at me, as he dropped the gift into my hand. 

It was a silver necklace, with a tiny star incased in a bulb of glass. 

A star as in an actual star from the sky. 

It sparkled and glistened by itself. 

"This is beautiful.   It must have cost a fortune!" I gasped. 

"I told you I would get you your own star.  You can now truly be a lady of the night." Draco smiled, as he motioned for me to sit up. 

He put the necklace on me, before I laid back down again. 

"Thank you, Draco.  But, you have to stop spending money on me." I turned my head and looked at him.

"Never. Why does it bother you so much when I buy you things? I get them because I want to." Draco asked me.  

I thought for a moment about what I was going to say. 

I didn't want to come off as rude or ungrateful. 

I truly did like the things that Draco got me, he surprisingly listened very well. 

"I just don't want to have to owe you anything, you know? If I don't ask for anything, and nobody gives me anything... then I never have to worry about paying them back." I explained. 

Draco took a deep breath in, before he spoke again. 

"I don't do these things, because I expect something in return. I bought you those things, because I wanted to.  That's the end of it."

I didn't really know what to say after that. 

I didn't want to upset Draco, after all what he got me was really sweet of him.  

The more the two of us laid there quietly, the more tired I got.  

His bed was like laying on a cloud. 

I never wanted to leave. 

It's probably the most comfortable I've been in my whole life. 

"Happy Christmas." Draco whispered to me. 

"Happy Christmas, Draco." I replied with a smile, as I drifted off to sleep.