29

"Wait!" Draco yelled out. 

"Come on Cedric." I tugged at his arm.

"No!" Draco ran over, and quickly grabbed my forearm. 

I tried to tug my arm away. 

His grip was far to strong to break loose from. 

"I need to talk to you! Please. " Draco pleaded. 

"No!"

"Please." Draco begged.

God, I felt like I could cry again. 

"You really want to do this right now?!" I yelled. 

I could feel my face grow hot with anger. 

"I don't know what-"

I cut him off harshly. 

"Don't give me that bullshit!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, "I heard everything you fucking said, Malfoy."

Draco let go of my arm, and took a step back. 

"I'm nothing but a skint to you, remember?  A begger who forced you to dance with me at the Yule Ball.  I'm nothing!" I spat in his face.  

Draco looked up at me with soft eyes. 

His breathing went shallow. 

"It's... it's not like that." Draco looked away from me. 

"Come on, let's go." Cedric tried to lure me away.  

I disregarded him. 

"YOU'RE ASHAMED OF ME!" My throat was raw as I screamed from the bottom of my lungs. 

Draco's body went stiff. 

"No, that's not it at all." Draco managed to say.

"I WANNA HEAR YOU SAY IT!" I yelled again, "YOU'RE ASHAMED OF ME!"

I could feel the tears start to stream down my face. 

Draco stood there speechless. 

The ends of my hair grew red, as anger engulfed my whole body. 

"FUCK YOU! I thought you were different, Malfoy! Everything was a fucking lie. I hate you, Malfoy! I fucking hate you!" I hissed, before Cedric picked me up, and carried me away.  

Cedric eventually put me down, once we got far enough away where he knew I wasn't able to run back and rip Malfoy's fucking head off. 

"What a fucking joke, huh?" I eventually was able to speak once I calmed down enough. 

"That was intense." Cedric spoke softly, as we made our way to the Gryffindor house. 

"I just can't fucking believe it." I scuffed as we entered the Gryffindor house. 

Cedric nodded in agreement, as we made our way to Hermione and I's room. 

The two of us sat down on the edge of my bed. 

All I could think about was what Draco said. 

The more I thought about it, the more upset I grew. 

Tears started to steam down my face again. 

I quickly covered my mouth. 

"How could he say that, Cedric?" I cried out.  

I bawled. 

Cedric pulled me into a hug. 

"Don't listen to him! You're not a skint, or a begger.  He's a dick." Cedric reassured me. 

I cried so hard on his shoulder, that his shirt began to grow wet with my tears. 

"You're nothing like those bad things he said about you. You know that, right?" He asked me. 

Was I though?

Maybe I am nothing but a skint. 

A poor mudblood who has nothing but being dealt a shit hand at life. 

But, I didn't want to take pity on myself. 

I'm not one to do that. 

"Thanks," I told him, "I don't mean to kick you out.  But, I just think I need to be alone."

Cedric pulled away from our hug, and gave me a little smile. 

"Of course.  If you need anything, send an owl my way." Cedric replied, before leaving.  

I laid down on my bed, and did my best not to think about anything. 

I tried to convince myself didn't say all those terrible things, it didn't work though. 

As I laid there, Hermione's cat Crookshanks did jump up by me. 

Normally, I would have pushed her away. 

But, her presence seemed comforting.

I turned to lay on my right side, away from the room, and Crookshanks curled up by my abdomen. 

After a while of laying there, our bedroom door creaked open. 

"You alright?" Hermione asked. 

I could hear her rummage through her belongings. 

"No." I sighed. 

"What's happened?" She asked me. 

"I heard Malfoy calling me some bad names in the halls earlier.  I don't know why it's upset me, but I has. That's the short story of it I guess." I rambled on. 

"I'm sorry." Hermione sympathized. 

"I'm feeling better than I did.  Crookshanks is laying by me.  You know she's not as bad as I always say she is.   Maybe, I should get her a friend." I turned my head to face Hermione, only to see Fred Weasley was also there. 

She was handing him some of her notes from one of our classes. 

I quickly grew quiet, as I turned back towards the wall. 

That's fucking embarrassing. 

"I'll see you around then.  Try not to think too much." Hermione spoke quietly, before I heard her leave.  

"Can I sit with you?" Fred asked at almost a whisper. 

I thought he left with Hermione. 

"Do what you want." I sighed. 

Fred Weasley sat down on the bed besides me, kicking his feet up, and resting his back against the head board. 

Fred then began running his fingers through my hair on the top of my head, which sent waves of calmness through my body. 

I could feel my eyes beginning to flutter shut.  

"Just close your eyes and relax, my dear." Fred whispered. 

I let my eyes fall shut, and let sleep take over my mind. 

__________
AN:

Sorry, I've been sick and lazy... I'll try to update more often.   I'm thinking about changing the cover of this ff as well :)

Thank you for all the support <3