CHAPTER 25

Aidan's POV

Lucy picks mother's call. It's been three days since I have seen my mother. I want to tell her about the pregnancy and I wish I could see her reaction after I must have told her but I can't go home. I have a busy schedule at work and I might go home late again.

I want to know how she will feel about accepting the baby, hoping she will no longer pressure me about getting married.

"Madam is in the bathroom", she informs me.

"Ok, tell her I called", I say to her.

"I will, sir", she responds. I am about to hang up when I hear her voice. 

"Is it Aidan?" I hear her ask.

"Yes, madam", Lucy gives the phone to her.

"Son?" She calls loudly.

"Mother?" I call back with a smile. Hearing her voice gives me joy and peace. "How are you?"

"I am fine, love", She answers. "Any news?"

I am imagining how curious she is to know the reason for my call. "Yes, there is."

"Have you found someone?" She questions.

I scratch my head nervously. "Not really, mom."

"Why are you calling?" She demands.

"I have good news", I inform her.

"Good news when it's not about your marriage? I am not interested, Aidan. Call me back when you have news of the woman you want to marry", her voice is harsh.

"Mom", I groan. She knows how stubborn I can be and I am sure she thinks I made a fake promise to her about finding someone. "Mom, it's news you would love to hear."

There is a short silence. "Mom?"

"I'm all ears."

"I am...I am expecting...", I stammer. I don't know how to tell her when I'm not even sure yet. I am kind of ashamed to tell her I am expecting a child from someone I don't know yet.

"You are expecting a business deal?" She asks me.

"No, mom. I am expecting a child, mom", I blurt out.

"What?!" She exclaims. I am imagining how wide her eyes will be right now, as she is sitting in her wheelchair with her towel since she is just coming out of the bathroom. 

"Aidan, you are expecting a child?" She asks again as if to be sure.