CHAPTER 89

Anna's POV

A WEEK AFTER

I am still here, in Aidan's mansion, with my baby. We have been avoiding each other ever since that night. It seems to me like he is the one avoiding me the most, he sneaks in and out of the house without me knowing.

I know I am not supposed to slap Aidan but I felt he deserved it for so many reasons. First, for kissing me and wanting me to believe what Pam said. Second, for all the pains he had caused me and my mother. I believe the slap is nowhere near half of what he has done to us.

That night, when I entered the house after slapping him, I got a call from my mother and she was seriously crying over the phone. I went back outside immediately. Aidan was still in his car and he kept asking me where I was going. I didn't answer him.

I called my driver out and he drove me to my mother's house. Mother was in a consolable state and I kept asking her what the matter was, she couldn't tell me until she stopped crying. I felt sorry for her and guilty. I totally forgot I had the intention of visiting her that day but I guess the fake date Pam and Richard organized for me and Aidan made me forget about my intention. I guess my mind was clouded by anger and confusion, I wasn't thinking straight.

I felt responsible for my mother's unhappiness. I felt I was not a good child to her. I am supposed to be her closest friend, but I was holding grudges against her, without remembering the last time I visited. 

I also forgot I wanted to surprise her by helping with the establishment of her restaurant and that made me feel bad. I was surprised when she told me what Aidan did, I didn't expect it.

I just came out of the bathroom. I asked Tania to help me bring Lily to the room, I don't have the intention of going anywhere today like I have been doing for days now. 

I am thinking of playing with her for a while and try to check the children's amusement parks around this vicinity on the internet so I can go out with her tomorrow. She is still young though but I want her to have wonderful childhood memories, unlike me.

I don't know why I am still here, even though I haven't completely forgotten about my intention to move out. I don't know when I am going to do it but I might leave soon. 

I also thought of giving Aidan another chance a few days ago. If he messes up again, I will be forced to move out before time.

He got me flowers two days ago and I don't know how to thank him for the gesture. I feel Aidan is changing. Right from the night we went out, he has been acting differently and it is damn surprising. 

I have seen him struggle these past few months with being nice to me and those around me, it is difficult for him but now it looks like that part of him has always been there, hidden from the rest of the world. Something must have triggered that part to show up now more than ever. 

Is it because he doesn't really want me to go?

The door opens and Tania comes in with my baby. My phone rings at the same time but I ignored it and walk to get my baby from her with a smile on my face.