CHAPTER 85

Aidan's POV

"Boss?" I feel someone tapping me. I groan and sit up, before opening my eyes to see Natalie. I can't believe I slept here on the sofa. My face becomes red with embarrassment, I am in nothing but shorts.

"Pamela is inside already", she informs me. The memories of what happened last night came rushing and I feel ashamed of myself again.

I want to stand up and go to Anna's room to see if Pam has convinced her or not so I can call Evelyn to come and also my mother to come and plead on my behalf. I know she will definitely listen to one of them. I also need to call Chloe, I won't go to the office today. I am afraid Anna will use that opportunity to run away with my child.

"Boss?" Natalie stops me as I begin to walk towards Anna's room. She shakes her head. "I think you shouldn't go in now. I just woke you up so you can freshen up and go to work. It's almost 7 am."

I don't know why she doesn't want me to go in but I feel there must be a reason.

"She didn't listen to you and Tania last night, right?" 

It is obvious she didn't. Anna blocked her ears to the pleas of the women. It is apparent that her mind is made up already.

"Yes, but don't worry. Just freshen up and go to work. I will make sure she goes nowhere", she utters firmly.

"I'm not going to work", I move back to sit.

"Really? Then you should freshen up and come down so we can talk", she insists, making me stop from sitting down. 

Why is she insisting that I go and freshen up? What is she hiding from me? Does she want to assist Anna to escape?

"Ok." I beam. "Lock the front door and give me the keys", I instruct her.

Her eyes widen. "Why?"

"I will be happy if you simply comply", I say to her with a smile. 

My mind can only be at rest that way. There is no other way out of the house, except for the other door which can only be controlled with a robot. Anna can't go out without my notice if the front door is locked.

Natalie walks slowly to the front door and locks it. She has the key to all the rooms in the house, except for the back door which uses Artificial Intelligence. She oversees the affairs of the entire building.

"I think this is unnecessary", she says after dropping the keys in my stretch hand.

"Thank you", I say only before jumping upstairs to freshen up as she instructed.

****

"Do you love her?" Pamela asks me and I almost spill the water I am drinking, at the question.

I gulp the water down my throat and exclaim. "What?"