CHAPTER 46

Anna's POV

Mother left for work after dropping the bombshell. 

My marriage with Aidan has an expiry date. Is this like a contract or what? 

I don't even know whether to be happy or sad. Happy because I won't spend forever with Mr. Arrogant and sad because I will get divorced at an early age. I am just 24 and in the next 6 years, I will be 30. I am sad that I am going to get a divorce at 30.

I see divorce as a bad thing. 

The separation of parents causes emotional trauma to the child. Pamela is a close example. Pamela rarely talks about her mother but her love for her father is out of the world. I know she is blaming her mother for the divorce of her parents.

Pamela has been through a lot of trauma silently, without telling anyone the cause, including me. And she dealt with the trauma alone. Pamela is always there for me despite the gap in the social class of our parents and I always try my best to be there for her.

If my baby turns out to be as sensitive as Pamela, what will I tell her? How will I explain things to her? Will she hate me like Pamela dislikes her mother? If I don't agree to the marriage, will my baby hate me also?

I am now torn between two worlds. I have no idea what to do because any decision I take now has its consequences. My child might hate me if I agree to it or even disagree too.

What should I do then?

The doorbell rings and I rush out of my room to open the door. I have just finished eating breakfast and I am planning on watching a movie to lighten up my mood. I don't want this issue to bother me anymore and I have made a decision not to question my mother about my father anymore.

I throw the door open to see Pamela. I am surprised to see her. She is supposed to be in school. I know she isn't here to pick me up for school because our first-class usually starts by 8 am and it's past 9 am already.

"What are you doing here?" I move away from the door to allow her in.

"Am I not welcome?" She enters and I close the door before following her.

"No, that's not what I mean", she twirls back to face me.

I embrace her. "How are you?" I am really curious to know why she didn't go to school. 

"I am fine", she answers and disengages from the hug with a huge smile on her face.

"You did not go to school today?" I fold my arms, watching her and trying to decipher the smile on her face. 

"No, it's Saturday", she rolls her eyes at me.

I totally forgot today is Saturday. I already made up my mind not to go to school today, forgetting that it's weekend already. "Oh, I forgot."

"What were you thinking?" She sits on the sofa.

"Nothing, really", I don't intend to tell her what happened between mom and me. I don't need to consult her all the time. It is high time I started making decisions on my own and sticking to them.

"What happened between you and mom?" She asks me as I move to sit next to her. I am not surprised she is asking the question. I believe that is why she is here since she already knows I was angry at mom since the previous day.

"Nothing", I shrug indifferently and bite my lower lips for lying.

"Nothing?" She peers at me with a frown. She must have figured out that I am lying.