CHAPTER 75

Anna's POV

I don't know what to think of Aidan and his behavior last night but I know of the obvious fact that Aidan can never change, no matter how hard he tries.

I wanted to see him from a different angle, imagining he is being like this because of what he must have gone through in the past but as much as I tried, I kept seeing his faults in everything happening.

I can't believe he is going back on his words about me dating someone. 

Why will he date other girls and I am not allowed to date a man too? Does he even know what he is saying? Saying my baby is still little and I should wait till she is five years old sounds silly.

I will no longer let him take me for a ride and I will no longer see my mother's fault in all of this. My mother pioneered this but she isn't the reason for what is happening. 

If my mother had told him she wanted him to marry me, he didn't have to go through with it, he could have declined, everything and everyone will be fine but he didn't because he needed me too. His mother wanted him to marry and I was the only available option so he shouldn't make it look like my mother forced him to do this.

He wouldn't have married me if his mother hadn't forced him to and if he didn't need me too. He needed me and everything is equal now. I'm going to let him know that.

The ringing sound of my phone jerks me out of my reverie. I have been in bed since I woke up this morning. I haven't gone to check up on Lily either. 

I wasn't bothered because I trust her with the maid. I know she would have come knocking if I was needed. I just don't have the strength to do anything and the thoughts of Lily aren't motivating me either.

I stretch my hand to pick my phone from the drawer. It is Tony calling.

I smile and pick up the call. "Good morning, baby."

"Good morning, Tony," I reply.

"How are you doing? Are you still sleeping?"

I clear my throat. "No, just in bed."

"Ok. I miss you", he mutters after a short silence between us.

"I miss you too", I giggle like a little girl. I feel a sudden warmth and all of a sudden, it is clouded by worry.

I keep falling for Tony every time he says things like this to me, this is because he makes me feel special and loved. 

What then will happen to me when he gets to know about my little secret? Will he get angry and leave me? I am worried and scared that I will have to face another heartbreak soon. 

Cameron is now my past, Tony is my present, and my baby Lily but I don't know what the future holds. I don't know if Tony is in that future with me and I wish there is a way I can get to know if he is in my future.

I like Tony, I didn't know I liked him this much until the moment he began to ignore me. I was hurt and heartbroken, that was when it dawned on me that playing hard to get will do no good and I also realize I like him. 

He is a cute guy. We haven't been intimate and I am being careful so the same mistake I made with Aidan won't repeat itself again. I like the fact that Tony is also taking things slow with me.

The day we saw Tessa was the first time he kissed me. I kept thinking of the kiss till the next day when Aidan came home and ruined my mood. 

My heart went still when he placed his lips on mine and after a while when he began to move his lips on mine, my heart began to beat twice its normal rate.