CHAPTER 77

Aidan's POV

"Why didn't you call me? What if he was here to kill me?" I bark at Tristan. I no longer know the essence of having him around me when he isn't doing his work. 

He was supposed to inform me about Damien's presence in the company. He knew Damien was around but he chose to watch from afar without doing anything. 

What if Damien had shot me? I will be long dead before the police catch up with him.

I am tense about Damien's arrival back in New York. I know he is here now for the worst. 

He meant what he said to me. I am not scared of facing him man to man but I am damn scared for my family, my mother, and Lily, even Anna. I don't want to lose any of them.

"I just thought it wasn't necessary since I didn't see him with any weapon", Tristan tells me.

"You think he was going to put the weapon on the car so the world will know he is coming here to kill me? Don't be daft", I yell.

He didn't say anything and I go back to my seat. I wasn't supposed to say what I said last. Tristan is more than someone who works for me or a friend, he is my brother now.

"I didn't mean to yell at you, I just want you to be security conscious next time", I say softly. "Damien is dangerous."

He smiles. "It's fine. This is a wake-up call to start taking my job seriously."

His smile reminds me of Richard. It's been a long time since we saw each other and I miss him. Tristan is behaving like Richard right now, with the way he switched his mood, from a frown to a smile.

"Good."

"He threatened you, right?" He asks. I nod, even though it is more than a threat. It is more of a declaration of his intentions and I know he will stop at nothing till he sees me down.

"I will do my job well henceforth. You have no worries, I got you covered." I nod again.

He bows in respect and turns to go. I clear my throat feeling nervous to tell him what I have in mind before he leaves.

"Tristan", I stop him from going out. He faces me and I beckon to him to come closer.

I gulp and say in a low tone. "I want you to help me protect my wife and child. I don't know how you want to do it but just make sure whenever they are out, they are safe."

"Are you married?" He grins like an idiot.

I throw him a glare. "Don't pretend like you don't know."

"Well, you never told me you were married." He is still grinning.

"How did you know then?" I ask. There is no way Tristan wouldn't know about Anna and Lily. He is always around me and I am sure he must have seen Anna and Lily on one or two occasions.