CHAPTER 44

Aidan's POV

Damien's present is indeed the best birthday present ever. I was still in a trance after watching the video till the end, trying to comprehend some things and asking myself how he got to Tessa when I received my mother's call. She called to wish me a happy birthday and I told her I was coming over to the house.

I am on my way to the house now, smiling inwardly for having tangible evidence to present to my father so he would stop supporting Tessa and stop pestering me about getting married to her. I feel the video is enough to convince dad of how slutty, and unworthy she is to become my wife.

All I need to do is to get to the house on time before father leaves for work and show him the video. 

When he is done watching it, I want to know what he will say and I want to see his reaction to it. I am hoping this will make him change his mind and help me find another way to win the award without Tessa and her father's help. I don't need them.

I grin at the thought once again as I wheel the car towards my father's mansion. The idea took form suddenly in my mind when my mother asked of Anna. I know she wants me to make Anna my fiancee before the award so I can be seen as a responsible businessman. 

Father also wants me to do the same with Tessa but I know he has an ulterior motive. Thus is why I decided to go and show him the video so I can get his full support, even though I don't care if we fight again after he must have helped me.

Damien has just proven to me that he can get whatever he wants and this award is amongst the things he can get.

I increase my speed in anticipation and excitement and within minutes, I drive into the mansion. All I want to do now is burst into my father's room and go straight to show him the video, then, I will go see mother but I changed my mind. Mother is more important. 

Even though I was tempted to call Tessa and tell her what I have seen which is one of the reasons why I can't marry her, I feel doing this should be the first.

The butler greets me as I walk in and saunter into my mother's room. I knock once and enter. She is laying on her bed and I see her turning to see who is coming in. She smiles when she sees me.

"You have no idea how happy I am whenever you come here", her face lit up in joy. I move towards her and embrace her. "When you said you were coming, I didn't want to raise my hopes high that you would come as you said."

"I'm here, mother", is the only thing that comes out of my mouth. I didn't know what else to say other than that. I know I have made a lot of promises to my mother about coming to visit her, without fulfilling them. I understand her fears.

"Are you here with your bride?" She finally pulls away from the hug after pecking my forehead in adoration.

"No", I answer sharply with a frown. Anna hasn't called and her mother too. 

I haven't had time to think of what else to do about her since I woke up this morning. My mother's question now is a reminder that I need to do something quick about convincing her to let me get the diagnosis done on her and bring her to mom.