♥Stay Still♥ 《Leah x Reader》

《Y/N's POV》

The wind blew gently throughout the valley - the crisp air piercing my skin as I arrive at Pierre's general store. I take a glance at the calendar in the window which stated that Summer was about to end. I figured as the change in temperature drastically decreased. I enter the store to stock up on autumn seeds; pumpkins, amaranth, eggplants... As my eyes wander the pages of the paper which read the things I came here to buy, I was quickly caught off guard when I notice my best friend, Leah, approaching me. I hadn't even realized she was present in the store. As she neared, I gave her a warm smile which she returned. Leah and I had been friends for a while now. I was first introduced to her when I saw her painting outside of Marnie's ranch. She is such a good artist and I recognized her talent which - later - pushed me to encourage her to show it off to the valley. Ever since then, we have been closer than ever.

"Hey y/n! How are you today?" She spoke. I looked at her and back down to the piece of paper in my hand. She quickly noticed and then spoke again;

"Oh! Right, of course. I almost forgot the end of Summer was near, aha. Would you like me to help you with your list?"

"Oh, that's fine. It isn't much really." I replied.

"Well... I can be here for company! Perhaps you would like to hang out with me today... if you aren't busy, of course. I have a new project I want to start working on and I'd be happy if you could help me with it." Leah smiled.

"Well sure! It would be great to hang with you today. I have nothing planned." I remarked.

"Great!"

As I bought everything I needed, I walked out of the shop with Leah on my right side. We talked until we arrived at her cottage. I noticed a canvas stood outside with Leah's art supplied on a stool next to it. 

"So... about that project." I piped up, intrigued to know what I could do to help. I never classified myself as a good artist. Sure, it was fun - but I could never achieve what Leah can. At least not now, perhaps when I'm not so busy I could get Leah to teach me some new techniques.

"Ah right." She said. "Well... I kind of wanted to drift away from painting scenery. Sure, I love to incorporate nature in my works and the valley is best to showcase that... but, I wanted to ask if I could paint you. If it's not too much trouble, that is."

I stared at her and back at the canvas. She wanted to paint me? I felt embarrassed yet happy at the same time. I was happy that she was beginning to try painting different things... but me? She would be able to outline all my imperfections... all my flaws... all my-

"I'm sorry. If you don't want to, that's fine!" She piped up as she acknowledged the silence between us. I immediately felt bad.

"No. I mean- I wouldn't-" I began to stutter. Trying to think of anything... any excuse. Yet nothing came to mind. Leah is my friend... she wouldn't mind that I have imperfections. She WANTS to paint me. I want her to paint me...

"I would love you to paint me!" I exclaimed.

"Great! It won't take long... I don't think anyways... aha!" She laughed. My laughter followed.

As I took a seat on the stool, Leah began to pick up the art supplies and pitched the canvas to be slightly in front of me. I tried staying still as best as I could but man was it hard. I was shaking as she analyzed my face. A tint of red appeared on my face which made me ever so more embarrassed. I hadn't realized it yet but I began to fidget with my hands. Leah noticed first and was quick to point it out.

"Stay still, silly!" She smiles. I catch onto what I was doing and set my hands firmly on my lap. I watched through my peripheral vision as she blended in the colours and gently stroked them onto the canvas. 

I began to settle down - I even began enjoying it. I felt honored she would want to paint me. I felt happy. I listened to my surroundings as the birds chirped and an occasional oinking from the pigs that rested in Marnie's barn. I was at ease... until I felt a sneeze approaching. 'Oh god...' I thought to myself. I tried to keep my composure but it was beginning to get more and more irritating. Why is this so hard? It's only my friend painting a picture of me... and yet I want it to be perfect, and I want Leah to feel happy. 

《Leah's POV》

As I started painting Y/N, I noticed a hint of red plastering over their cheeks. It made me blush. As I analyzed their facial features, I began noticing how beautiful they truly were... 'that sounds stupid' I think to myself and hold in a small chuckle. But it was true.

I noticed them starting to fidget and become more uncomfortable. I felt bad - were they feeling awkward about this?

"Are you alright with this? I don't want you to feel uncomfortable... we can do something else!" I suggest.

"No... it's not that. I-" They quickly pause and suddenly a sneeze erupts. I laugh. Their laughter follows after. "Sorry!"

After that, there was the occasional laughter that erupted between the two of us. "Stay still!" I kept having to say whilst Y/N would giggle at nothingness- which would then make me laugh too. Y/N was so special to me. 

After a while, I was finally done with my piece. It wasn't my finest work, however, I was still proud of myself and I hoped that Y/N would be too. I wanted to make sure this piece was perfect.

《Y/N's POV》

I noticed that Leah had stopped painting. I take a quick glance and see that she is looking over the image she is painting of me. I see a slight smile creep onto her face which then follows with an uncertain look.

"Are you done?" I question. "Can I see?"

"Ah... well." Leah stutters. "It isn't my finest piece... but I tried."

"I'm sure it's great!" I reassure her as she begins to turn the canvas around.

I am presented with a portrait of myself. I look at it in great amounts of detail. Usually, I wasn't too fond of looking at myself - however, Leah painted this for me... and it looked amazing.

"I love it." I exclaim and smile at her. She returns the favor.

"I'm glad... thank you for allowing me to draw you" Leah smiles even wider, "Even if you wouldn't sit still..."

She said that part a little quieter, yet loud enough for me to hear. She peaks at me and smiles. 

"How dare you!" 

A fit of laughter erupts from the both of us. I look at Leah and notice how truly happy she is. And that makes me happy. She hands me the picture and I look at it once again.

"You can keep it! It's your artwork after all." I smile.

"No way! I made this for you..." She remarks with a smile. I take it from her and set it down abruptly to give her a hug - which she returns.

We stayed like that for a couple of minutes... a warm embrace in this cold air. I could feel the same red tint appear on my cheeks as I began to warm up. Perhaps it was due to embarrassment...

Perhaps, I am in love with Leah...