❈Confession❈《Elliott x Reader》

《Y/N's POV》

I'm going to admit, I was slightly nervous at what I was about to do but couldn't resist the opportunity. The Stardrop Saloon had recently installed its very own piano. It fit in perfectly as the silky brown-wooded texture covered the instrument - and best of all, it wasn't out of tune! I had been playing the piano for as long as I could remember. The beauty within the sound it made, each piece being unique, (and very difficult).

I approach the piano after being pressured into it by my good friend, Leah. A while back, I helped Leah to publicize her artworks to the Valley in an art show which received amazing feedback. And now, Leah was trying to pay the favor by making me 'show off' my piano skills. As previously mentioned, I had been playing the piano for as long as I could remember and managed to play many different pieces - memorizing a few of my favorites, but I had never played in front of an audience before. Well... not after last time. When I was younger, I was put into a piano competition and everyone around me had high-hopes set that I would win. But the pressure had gotten to me and I ended up just sitting there and waiting for the earth to swallow me whole. The only people I have played to since then were myself, and my very close friends.

"You can do it!" Leah cheers me on, smiling wide.

Her smile was so genuine, so full of hope... I knew I couldn't fuck it up this time. And so, I began slowly walking towards the piano. My eyes were set on the keys as if I was trying to control them with my mind - trying to make them play themself so I wouldn't have to. I take a seat as the music died down. Some people turned to look at me which built up more pressure that resided in me. 'This is so embarrassing. I want to be run over by a train.'

I place my fingers on the keys, trying to calm down my AGRESSIVE shaking. That's when I spot a figure who - like many - turned and faced my direction. He stood there, drink in one hand as he raised his other to give me a thumbs up and a warm smile. Elliott, like Leah, knew my inner potential which I was just too scared to show. I turn back to the piano and began to recall a well-known and famous piece, 'Nocturne op.9 No.2'. I learned this piece a while back when I was in my adolescence. I don't know why it suddenly sprung to mind - but it had done. I start to guide my fingers to their starting place and began playing. I tried blocking out the thought of messing up and ignored the stares from people surrounding me. I went into a trance. This is what I would usually do when playing - blocking out any external noise and just focusing on the piece at hand. After a while of playing, I felt a little more confident in myself. 

I managed to play the piece with little to no mess-ups - at least ones that weren't too obvious, I hope. After I was done, I snapped out of my trance and began to shrink in my seat. The surrounding crowd began applauding as I just sat there like an idiot. I didn't know what to do, was I meant to stand up and bow? Or is that too formal... At one point, I started clapping myself. As if I was clapping to myself for not messing up drastically. Once I noticed how odd I looked, I set my hands down and got up from the chair, wobbling over to Leah.

"You did amazing!" Leah smiled, brightly. I couldn't help but smile back. I was somewhat glad she forced me to do it... but at the same time resented her for doing so.

"Thanks..." I smiled back at her as I took a swig from my drink. From the corner of my eye, I could see the same figure I had noticed before looking in my direction. He slowly walked over and took a seat at our table.

"You performed beautifully!" He smiled, settling himself down in the chair.

"Oh, thanks." I slightly blush. I wasn't used to people complimenting me... but not gonna lie, it felt nice. And I goddam deserved it after going through that.