♡Forgive Me♡ 《Shane x Reader》

《Y/N's POV》

It was another bitter-cold day in Stardew Valley - the wind pierced my skin as I stood outside and took in the fresh air. I had made plans to see my boyfriend, Shane. Shane and I weren't always on good terms. When we first met, he was quite rude and had a horrible drinking habit which, eventually, came to an end when we first started dating. 

At the beginning of our relationship, Shane was caring and always tried to make an effort... but now things had begun changing for the worse. I started noticing a tinge of alcohol on his breath. When I confronted him about it, he started to get mad and told me I had no right to tell him what he can or can't drink... so I left it. That was until I saw him stumble out of the Saloon 2 days ago. When I approached him, his speech was slurred and mumbled. Eventually, he got fed up and decided to leave back to Marnie's ranch. 

I felt saddened by the fact Shane wouldn't talk to me, yet I didn't push it any further and decided to spend the night at Abigail's house. Abigail was the first person I met and we became very close. We were good friends. Spending the night at Abigail's took my mind off things. We decided to mess around with her ouija board and play video games until we passed out from exhaustion.

"That was well ace! We should do it again sometime." Abigail smiled.

"Yeah, sure! I had a great time. Thanks for letting me stay."

"It's no deal! I love having your company." Abigail pauses for a second. "Hey, I was gonna ask you this last night but I decided it would probably ruin the mood."

'Oh god.'

"Is everything alright? I mean, you looked kinda bummed when you came here."

I stare into her eyes and then look to the floor, "Yeah... well kinda. I think I'll be fine though. It's nothing big." I slightly smile to try and reassure Abigail that everything was fine.

She smiled back at me as I waved and walked out of the store. I return to my cottage and dramatically fall onto the sofa.

I want to be there for Shane. I want to know why he had taken up drinking again. I know it's hard to rid an addiction but I at least wanted to try and help him... but he refused any help. As I took a look at the clock, I noticed it was already 1 pm. Had I really been laying here for so long? I got up and decided to slowly walk to Marnie's ranch where I would meet him. As I got to the ranch, I noticed him standing there. His hair blew in the slight breeze as his hands were present in his jacket pockets.

I approached him...

《Shane's POV》

I can't completely remember what happened on Friday but I knew it had something to do with upsetting Y/N. They wanted to meet with me today... probably to break things off. I guess that would be for the better.

I decided to take up drinking again. I wasn't planning on making it a habit because I wanted to learn from past mistakes, but things didn't go as planned. I love Y/N but drinking declines our relationship. I'm the problem... and I don't think I can fix that. I at least want to tell Y/N I love them before they sign me off. I don't want them to think that they're the problem. 

'Oh god... why am I like this?'

《Y/N's POV》

"Hey, Shane." I slightly smile at him. 

He quickly snaps out of his trance, "Oh, hey Y/N..."

An awkward silence hit the both of us like a truck crashing into a wall. Or something like that...

"So I-" I start but realize I had nothing to say. I hadn't thought this through. I didn't realize it was going to be this tense.

Shane awkwardly stares back. His eyes are filled with despair. Before I had a chance to replay my thoughts, he spoke up.

"Y/N... I'm sorry. I don't want you to think I never loved you. Hell, I still love you... but I understand if this is a final straw. I'm an asshole and I know that. I've always known that, but you made me feel like I could be a better person. I guess I was wrong. I don't think I can ever become somebody who people actually like..." He stops in his tracks.

"No. This isn't about me. I don't want to drag along this pathetic excuse of mine. There is no excuse for what I did and I know that. I just want to say, truly, I am sorry. And if you don't forgive me, that's fine. I deserve that."

I stare at him in stunned silence. Processing everything he said.

I look back up at him as I gain the confidence to ask what was going on.

"Why?" I simply state.

He turns to me with a saddened look and quickly looks away. There was a pause for a while. What was he thinking? Was he mad?

"I truly am pathetic, huh? aha..." He sighs. "I fucked things up for the both of us.."

"No, you didn't!" I am quick to retort. He glances at me as I held my frown. "You aren't pathetic and I can see that! I don't see a selfish asshole, I see a man who needs support. Who shouldn't rely on drinking as an excuse. Who needs people to fucking listen."

My tone suddenly changes to a more angry one. I wasn't angry at him. Well... that's a lie. I'm angry he doesn't think he deserves help. 

"I want to help you! So please, for god sake, let me help you!"

《Shane's POV》

It takes me a while to respond. It takes me a while to do anything, in fact. This was the first time that Y/N had spoken to me like that. Were they right? 

"I-" I pause for a minute. I never wanted help. I never thought I needed- no, deserved help. But when I look into Y/N's eyes, I can see a person who is genuine. Who actually wants to help me.

"Thank you," I say. That's all I can say.

I approach Y/N and hugged them tightly. I was never one for hugs, but with Y/N I felt safe. That sounds cheesy to say, I know. But, it was true. Y/N returned the hug and a small smile appeared on my face. 

"Thank you," I repeated. 

《Y/N's POV》

We hugged for a few minutes and finally broke away. I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and smiled, which he shortly returned. 

"Forgive me?" He says, after a period of silence.

"Of course," I reply and hug him once again. A warm embrace.

It may be hard for me to help Shane but I am all for trying. I want us to be happy. 

I want him to be happy.

【4 Weeks Later. 】

《Y/N's POV》

After that incident, Shane and I have been closer than ever. Shane promised me that he would cut down on the drinking and he kept to it. He's begun replacing it with Joja Cola, which yeah, is still unhealthy, but much better than alcohol. I've noticed him being much more optimistic which was the complete opposite of his usual attitude. 

As I support him, I have noticed changes in his life which turn out for the better. Every weekend, Shane takes Jas to the beach and builds sandcastles with her. I occasionally join in and then we end up having a picnic outside of Marnie's ranch. It's wonderful to see how much Shane has improved and how our relationship has grown.

"I love you." I hear from behind me. I turn around to see Shane standing there with a slight grin on his face. I smile. 

"I love you too."