❃For you❃ 《Gus x Fem.Reader》

Requested by:  CyberDragon7815 

《Y/N's POV》

Crowds of people were in the Saloon tonight. It was a typical busy Friday evening as people were dancing and eating, drinking, and playing pool in the back room. I saw Emily frantically taking orders and preparing drinks for all that were patiently waiting. I decided to go over and help as I noticed her getting slightly stressed.

"Oh, hey Y/N!" Emily greeted. 

"Hey, Emily! Let me help you with that." I smile. 

We both get to work on preparing the drinks, taking orders, and serving food. I noticed Gus seemed a little more stressed than usual as he wiped his forehead with a napkin. Friday's would usually go like this - but for some reason, it was a little more rushed. Once me and Emily finished serving the crowd, we both sighed as we wiped our foreheads. 

"Phew..." Emily sighed. "What a night, huh?"

Emily and I were the only ones who worked here - alongside Gus of course, but he usually was the one preparing the food whilst me and Emily handled the bar. 

As the night died down, Emily grabbed her coat from the hangers and gave me and Gus a wave as she signed off her shift. I turned to Gus who seemed to be calming down from the chaos.

"Thanks a bunch." He smiled and turned to me. "It was a stressful one, huh?"

I smile and nod my head, "Sure was!"

I head to the back to grab a broom and cleaning supplies. I usually helped Gus to clean the Saloon after everyone had left. I walk towards one of the tables and start to scrub - ridding the table of any germs.

"Oh, no need!" Gus pipes up from behind the counter. I turned to stare at him. "I can handle it. You go home and rest! You did well today." He smiled.

I shake my head, "It's no problem, really."

Me and Gus got to work on cleaning the tables, sweeping the floor... etc etc. It took us around 20 minutes until the place was spotless. Feeling proud, I decided to grab myself a drink before I depart. I take a seat at one of the bar stools and gesture for Gus to join. 

Gus and I sat there for a while, chatting about random nonsense. 

"Don't shave your mustache off!" 

"I just think it's time for a change-"

"I won't allow it!" 

As we chatted and laughed together, I noticed the time had flown by and it was almost 2 am. I sprang up from where I was seated and startled Gus. He took a glance at the clock and had the same reaction as me. 

"It was nice chatting, Gus!" I say as I wave goodbye. 

"Yeah! Have a nice night." He smiles as I walk out of the Saloon and get hit by the cold breeze. 

《Gus' POV》

Y/N and I chatted for hours! It was nice to have some company. She's really sweet and helpful but I can't help but notice that she's loading herself with work. I mean... she already works on a farm during the day but still manages to have enough energy to help me with the Saloon. 

They really are a good friend... 

I start to clean the glasses that Y/N left behind. I'm glad she didn't notice or else she would insist on cleaning them herself. She needs to take a break once in a while, jeez.