★Stargazing★ 《Alex x F.Reader》

Requested by: Rayner69

《Y/N's POV》

It is the 13th of Summer... which means it is Alex's birthday! I grab my wrapped gift from off of my bed and bolt outside where I am greeted with... rain. Summer isn't typically known for rain, however, somehow every 13th day of Summer is cursed with thunderstorms. For as long as I have lived in this Valley, it has rained every 13th day of Summer which I always found odd.

"Hey, kiddo! Slow down, you're gonna slip." Pam greets me with her booming voice, "What's the special occasion?" She asks, pointing at my wrapped present.

"Uh, it's Alex's birthday, don't you remember?" I replied.

"Oh, right. I don't really remember birthdays all too well. It's just a day of getting old for me. Nothing special comes from it." Pam replies, "But I'm glad you're excited, kid."

I smile at Pam as I pass by her, making my way over to George and Evelyn's house. The rain soaks into my clothes and I curse myself for not bringing an umbrella. As I get to the door, I knock 3 times and wait for an answer.

The door opens and it's Evelyn!

"Oh, dear! Come on in, darling." Evelyn greets me as she steps aside to let me in, proceeding to close the door behind me, "You're soaked!"

"I forgot to bring an umbrella." I smiled, "Is Alex here?"

"Oh, yes dear. He's just in his room." Evelyn smiled as she set her eyes onto the gift in my hands, "Would you like me to make you a cup of tea, or perhaps something to eat?"

"I'm good, thanks, Evelyn." I wave her off and proceed to make my way toward Alex's door. With three knocks, I wait for an answer.

"Yeah??" I hear Alex's voice groan from the other side of the door.

"Hey, uh, it's me? Y/n." I replied.

"Give me a minute," Alex replies as I hear the sound of footsteps and shuffling. Within a minute, I hear his voice again, "Alright, come in!"

As I enter his room, I can tell he had just woken up which was pretty strange for him. He's usually an early riser. I look around and see him sitting on the edge of his bed. I walk over to him and hand him the wrapped gift which had been slightly soaked by the rain.

"You remember my birthday?" Alex questioned. 

"Like every year," I replied, smiling and urging him to open the gift.

Alex shakes the box, trying to distinguish what was inside before proceeding to rip away at the wrapping paper I had poorly covered over. Inside there were 3 boxes. Alex begins tearing the first box apart. It was a pretty big box.

"Woah! Thanks, Y/N!" Alex beams, eyeing his newly bought shoes I had received from Zuzu city, "How much were they?" 

"It doesn't matter!" I reply, sheepishly.

"No, it really does. I don't want you spending all your money on me!" Alex objects.

"Just open your second gift!" I protested as Alex sighs and thanked me for the shoes. He reaches over to the second box which was much more flatter than the previous one.

Alex sees what's inside and laughs as he pulls it out. He revealed the ball, which was still deflated,  I had gotten for him as his other one was getting way too torn. Alex smiles at me and thanks me repeatedly.

"Just one more!" I reply, this time pointing at a box much more smaller than the other ones. Instead of being basic brown boxes, this one had a special little design on the front with big letters stating the gift was 'FRAGILE'... which I had wrotten.