❀Hiking Out❀ 《Emily x Reader》

Requested By: Frogggg45

《Y/N's POV》

Emily shoved a paper in my face, her finger pressed against one of the lines. Her face was full of determination as I tried reading what she was pointing out. The piece of paper was a bucket list idea we had made when we first started officially dating... and we had only completed 2 out of the 34 ideas.

I grabbed Emily's wrist to steady the paper and see exactly which idea she wanted to do. As I read the paper, Emily smiled brightly.

"Hiking?" I question.

"Yeah! It's easy enough to do," Emily exclaimed, "I've been searching for hills to hike up and there's one close by which looks amazing!"

"When are we doing it?" I ask.

"We could do it whenever! But it's meant to be bad weather next week so..." Emily trailed off.

"Alright! We can do it sometime this week then." I smile, already slightly regretting my decision. I had a lot of work to do on the farm before fall... but I guess a walk up a hill with Emily could be nice?

"Great!" Emily cheered as she stood up and jumped up and down, repeatedly.

"How about tomorrow?" I ask, getting Emily to halt her excitement a tad.

"Perfect! The weather should be alright... now... we need to make sure to pack everything!" Emily stated as she brought a notepad, which was left on the table, and a pen to her face.

"What are the basics?" I ask, expecting her to be more knowledgeable in this sort of thing.

"So... bottles of water, some food, spare clothes just in case, a coat..." Emily started listing all the things we needed to bring as she wrote them down on the notepad.

"What time should we set off?" I asked.

"Maybe around 9? We want to have the full day just to be within nature!" Emily smiled.

"Alright! We can meet at my house?" I suggested as Emily nodded.

"Here's the list, make sure to bring everything!" She handed me the list and started jumping up and down again in excitement.

"This is going to be great! We can see cute animals, beautiful flowers... everything!" She exclaimed, smiling brightly.

"Can't wait!" I replied, smiling as well.

【The Next Day】

《Y/N's POV》

And just like that, it was 9:05. I had my bag ready and was awaiting Emily's arrival which would be shortly, she's never TOO late.

As if I predicted it, I saw Emily jogging up to where I was waiting, a blue backpack seated on her shoulders and water bottle in hand.

"HEYYY!" Emily screamed as she jogged up to me and gave me a hug, followed by a kiss on the cheek which made me smile.

"Hey! We ready?" I asked, now feeling excited.

"Hell yeah!" Emily exclaimed and took my hand, "Let's go!"

The wind was blowing gently through our hair and into our faces as we walked further away from the valley and into the further countryside. I hadn't a clue where we were going, but I trusted Emily to know the way. The weather was perfect, not too hot, nor too cold.