✸Valiant ✸《Abigail x Reader》

《Y/N's POV》

I had my pickaxe in hand as I strolled through the fields of the Valley and made my way towards the local mines as I had been meaning to stock up on materials. I walk past Sebastian who was out by the lake, cigarette in hand.

"Hey, Sebastian." I wave as I walk in his direction. He looks up and notices me.

"Oh, hey Y/N." A puff of smoke exhaled from his mouth which clouded me in it, "You on your way to the mines?" 

"Yeah. I just need to stock up on some ore. Wanna join?" I ask.

"Nah, that's not my kinda thing, to be honest. And also I'd rather not be killed down there since I'm meant to be meeting up with Sam in the Saloon tonight, like always. I'd prefer to beat his ass at billiards rather than being brutally murdered. No offense." He replies.

I slightly laugh, "that's fine. I'll see you at the Saloon later then?"

"Yeah, if you make it back alive." He slightly chuckles.

"Alright then, see ya later." I wave and he does the same.

I make my way to the mines and see a familiar figure standing at the entrance. As I approached the figure, I saw her quickly descend into the mines. I knew full well who it was as her purple hair was more vibrant than the glow ring which was currently on my finger. I follow after the figure as I scouted the path she had chosen. I make my way toward a ladder on the 23rd floor and start to climb down. That's when I saw the figure standing there, slightly shaking, as she stared off toward the darkness. As I reached the bottom of the ladder, I was quickly caught off guard by a slime that ended up attacking me. I didn't have my sword in hand and so I had to quickly swing my pickaxe in its general direction. The person noticed my presence and quickly ran over and killed the slime in front of me.

I look up to find a familiar face looking back at me.

"Are you alright, Y/N??" She asks, worried about my condition.

I stand up and dust myself off before replying, "Yeah. I should've watched where I was going, aha."

"Do you want me to take you home? Or at least out of the mines?" She takes a step closer.

"Nah, I'll be alright." I smile, "Why are you down here?"

"Oh, well..." She trails off. "Ok. Promise me not to tell my dad. I can't have him knowing because then he'll just make a big fuss of it."

"I promise." 

"Alright. Well, I kinda wanted to just... adventure down here. Get out of my house and do something, yknow? I want to feel the thrill of doing something great, and that's when I realized we had a local mines with actual monsters. And so I decided to venture down here. At first, I was completely petrified and even pussied out, but then I remembered this is what I truly wanted to do. So every day, I practiced swinging my sword and building up the courage to go back. And I finally did and now I can feel the thrill of venturing somewhere." She slightly smiles.

"I understand." I smile at her.

"Care to join me?" She asks.

"Sure!" I reply. I usually went mining by myself, but it felt nice to have a bit of company. 

We continued mining through the levels, my bag overflowing with different ore's. I saw how Abigail slayed the monsters with her sword and it was pretty impressive, to say the least. She protected me and I protected her. We had a close call when a monster approached us. It was one of those ghosts and we were preoccupied with trying to slay the dust sprites which came in large quantities to even notice its presence. I noticed it in the corner of my eye approaching Abigail who hadn't yet caught on to it.