❀So, this is love?❀《Penny x Reader》

《Y/N's POV》

I awoke to the soothing sounds of birds chirping outside my window. Looking at the time, I noticed it read '7 am. I quickly arose from my comfy bed and went to make myself a cup of coffee to start the day. The morning went by comfortably as I tended to my crops and fed the farm animals (whilst also giving them love <33)

Once I was done with my morning chores, I decided to take a stroll down to the lake near Marnie's ranch. It was my favorite spot in the Valley. As I approached, I heard a child whining - followed by laughter. As I arrived, I spotted 3 figures standing there. The sunlight beamed onto their faces and I could recognize it was Penny, as well as Jas and Vincent.

"That's enough, Vincent." I heard Penny say whilst Vincent started chasing Jas around with a worm in his hand.

"Stop it! That's gross!" Jas shouted as she sprinted away.

"Worms need love too!!!" Vincent pouts.

I walk up to Penny who seemed to be stressed by the whole situation. Penny and I were close friends as we shared similar interests. I first noticed her whilst she sat under a tree reading the same book I was at the time. She was extremely shy when we first met, but as we grew closer, she became much more confident around me. 

"Hey, Penny!" I smile as she quickly turns around and faces me.

"Oh, Hi Y/N. Sorry, I didn't see you there." She returns the smile but quickly replaces it with a frown, "Oh, Vincent! Stop that, Jas doesn't like this."

"Everything alright?" I ask, noticing how her face saddened.

"Yeah... Everything's fine. I'm just a little tired today and Vincent is being troubling to deal with." She replies, smiling once again - yet this time it was more melancholic than before - As if she was trying to reassure me she was alright.

"Want me to help?" I ask.

"Oh, no! I don't want to trouble you." She replies.

"It's no problem at all. I'm free today and I'd love to help!" I smile brightly at her and she does the same to me.

《Penny's POV》

Y/N was too kind. I really don't want to trouble them but I will admit, I'd like the help. Lately, I have been feeling more stressed than usual. I don't know whether I'm just getting ill or maybe just having bad nights of sleep - but I would appreciate the help nonetheless as long as it isn't too troubling. I would also love to hang out with Y/N. 

I feel my face go slightly red as I think about them. 

"So, finished your book?" I hear them ask me as I quickly snap out of my trance.

"Oh... I'm almost there. I have a couple of chapters left. Why? Have you finished it?" I reply.

"Yeah, I finished it last night. Don't worry though, I won't spoil anything! Promise!" They say, smiling. Their smile was so bright. So warm. So sincere. It was nice and made me smile back.

"I know you have just read it, but, care to read with me?" I ask, feeling my face go pink. 'Why would they want to read something they have just read???' 

"Yeah, sure! I'd love to." They laugh.

I don't know if it was them being too embarrassed to say no, or if they genuinely wanted to sit and read with me. Y/N and I would read together quite frequently and it was really comforting to me.

Y/N and I take a seat on the grass beneath our feet. I see Vincent pull a face at Jas - which she returns. Luckily, they had begun calming down now which would give me a second of peace.