♡I truly do♡ 《Elliott x Reader》

Requested by:  Bananas448

《Y/N's POV》

It was in early spring on my farm - the wind was calm and the crops were all fertilized and watered, the animals were content and Elliott was currently in the kitchen making us breakfast. After I dried my damp hair, I made my way over to where Elliott was and poured myself a cup of tea/coffee.

"Good morning, y/n! I've made us an omelet for breakfast." Elliott chirps as he sets down the plates on the wooden table.

"Thank you," I reply and smile whilst taking a seat opposite to Elliott.

We both tuck into our breakfast with small talk here and there - although, we enjoyed the silence as well. Not an awkward silence, but a peaceful one with just our presence needed. Once we finished up, I took the role of washing the plates whilst Elliott went outside to check the mail. 

"Y/n! Guess what!" Elliott came rushing in with a letter in his hand, "I have been invited back to do a book signing in the city."

I smiled at him, "Oh. Congratulations!" - But inside, I was kinda sad. The last time he left for a book signing, he wasn't here for a week and it was pretty depressing. But I also know I should be happy for him.

Elliott gave me a weird look - as if he was reading my mind.

"Are you alright, Y/N?" He asked, questioningly.

"Yeah! I'm really happy for you. I'm glad your book is getting so much attention!" I smile, genuinely, "But... how long are you going to be gone for?"

Elliott read the letter again and looked back at me, "Five days."

"Oh,"  I replied.

"You know what. I don't need to go. I don't want to leave you alone on the farm and do all the work." Elliott replied as he put the letter down to his side.

"No! No. You need to go! I can't hold you back - I won't let myself. This is important to you and I shouldn't be complaining. I'll be fine here on the farm - I mean, for the first year I was on this farm alone. I can do it and I really want you to go!" I protested.

Elliott paused for a moment in thought and smiled to himself.

"Hey, why don't we both go? I could do book signings and you could explore the city. It would be nice to get out of this valley for a couple of days." 

I paused, "Maybe, but..."

"That's it then! I have made up my mind. We can go together!" Elliott stood, proud.

And that's it. Elliot and I were going to the city for a few days together. I was pretty happy and excited with this outcome, honestly. We rushed to pack our bags and got ready to set off to the train station the next morning.

                                                              【The Following Day】

《Y/N's POV》

DAY 1

Elliott and I were boarded onto the train and ready to go see the city. We managed to get table seats that had a large window. Elliott was busy on his laptop and booked us into a hotel that wasn't far from the main square. I was busy looking at the view from the window whilst listening to music on my phone.

The train journey wasn't too long and before we knew it, we had arrived. We exited the train and made our way outside of the station. The city was bustling with crowds of people roaming the streets. Elliott took my hand as we walked down the crowded streets with our luggage.