Gambling

Celests pov

"alright little lady all in. What's your play?"

I smirked to myself. One minute they're mocking me for being a child playing poker and the next their life savings are in my pocket. They just don't know it yet.

"three aces. It looks like I win" I smiled as I reached out for the money on the table. As I did so however the man pulled out a knife.

"like hell I'm giving away my hard earned cash to a snot nosed kid!" he screamed in my face "now walk away before you get hurt little lady"

I was afraid but the art of gambling demands that you never show it. So I put on my best poker face and said "like I'd be afraid of a filthy pig like you! I'm not leaving without my money!"

"alright you asked for it!" he charged towards me, knife in hand. I thought I was going to die but at the last minute a bodyguard grabbed the man and pinned him down.

"sorry about that kid" the man said gruffly "take your money and go!"

I nodded and ran. I ran and ran until I reached home.

"sissy your home" kokichi said cheerfully "how was work-" I cut him off by pulling him into a hug "sissy what's wrong?"

I didn't answer. I simply held him close as tears ran down my cheeks. I didn't understand what it was then but I understand now..

It's fear. A fear of dying before my dream is realised.