Chapter 8

"You did what?" Sierra gasped.

Isla felt the blood rush to her cheeks. "I said yes. Is that bad? Are you upset?"

Sierra laughed, flopping back down and pulling the blanket up to her chin.

"No, I'm not upset. I think it's adorable. Honestly, I've never seen my brother infatuated with someone."

"Infatuated?" Isla repeated. He wasn't infatuated. They had just met.

"Caleb, when has Aedric ever talked about another girl?" Sierra asked. Caleb was in the kitchen making dinner, with Callie contentedly on his hip.

"You tried to convince me that he was gay," Caleb said.

Sierra gave another bubble-y laugh. "No, mom was trying to convince both of us, since we had never seen him date anyone."

She stood up from the couch, walking over to Caleb, and taking Callie who seemed to pout.

"You've spoiled her. She's such a daddy's girl," Sierra smiled, cooing, "Aren't you? Yes, you are."

She brought Callie over, sitting on the floor and letting the baby crawl around. She pulled out a basket of toys and proceeded to dump them.

"Did he say where he was going to take you? "

"No," Isla shook her head. "He asked me, but I let him pick. He said he would keep it a surprise."

"Typical boy," she rolled her eyes dramatically. "Doesn't he think he should tell you how to dress or anything like that?"  

Isla frowned. She hadn't even considered what she would wear. Did it even matter? If he took her to a nice restaurant, it would a little bit.

"It's okay. I'll talk to him and get an idea to help you out," Sierra reassured.

Isla slid onto the floor in front of where she was sitting. Callie was immediately interested in her, especially when she picked up a plush singing puppy.

"Did he give you his number?" Sierra asked. "You should text him."

"I should?" Isla whispered. "What would I say?"

"Anything. Don't overthink it. Tell him you had a good time today, or you're looking forward to Saturday. It will help break the ice," she encouraged.

Isla thought it over, but she couldn't come up with anything. She unlocked her phone, handing it to Sierra.

"I'm scared," she said.

Sierra huffed with a smile. "This is weird, Isla. You know he's my brother."

Isla gave a gentle laugh. "Please?"

Sierra sent the text for her, giving her cellphone back to her. Caleb called them over for dinner, and Isla forgot all about it.

Later, Aedric responded. He was going to come pick her up Saturday around six.