Chapter10 - Perfect Strangers

Liv's Pov

Lando said he'd only be a few minutes, 15-20 at the most when I dropped him off

Lando said he'd only be a few minutes, 15-20 at the most when I dropped him off. He'd gone up to get his suitcase and the rest of his belongings while I waited downstairs in his hotel parking garage which was below the building.

"Wow. Road tripping across Europe together? Is there something you're not telling me?" Zoey said, clearly shocked by this latest revelation.

"It's not like that and you know it," I snapped back. I'd called to let her know I'd be arriving later than planned. "I have to go now but see you in a couple of hours."

"I want all the details when you get here. Bye babe."

It seemed like many moons ago when he'd had that panic attack in the elevator and I was there to comfort him but it was only earlier on in the day.

"We're so sorry about this," the hotel manager spoke over the intercom in the elevator. "Please be assured that while it's unfortunate - there's nothing to worry about. We'll get you out of there safely and in no time."

I guess 'In no time' meant a couple of hours in their books. Lando realised when he woke up that he'd missed his second flight of the day and seemed pretty annoyed by it but generally in better spirits.

"If you aren't weird about it and don't mind being a passenger princess, you can drive down with me. It's only 3.5 hours I think," I jokingly offered, half expecting him to turn me down but he didn't.

The formula one driver approached the black jeep where it was parked and casually threw his Tumi travel bag in the backseat of the car, along with his backpack and papaya orange McLaren jacket.

The engine roared to life at the push of my finger on the start button but I was surprised when my door suddenly opened. I looked up to find him standing there, brown hair ruffled, gorgeous blue smile while holding the door open.

"Look," he started with a nervous chuckle, shifting his weight from one foot to the other. His voice was playful and suggestive.

"I hope you're not expecting me to let you drive?!" I raised my eyebrows at him to emphasise the question.

He glared at me with a kind of confidence I wasn't expecting. Not after the morning we had. This was the guy I'd met that first time. The one who's presence crept under my skin the whole night as he watched me dance with my friend from across the room.

I am obviously undeniably attracted to him. Even in his drunken state, body spread across my bed, I wanted nothing else but to jump on him. Those eyes and his lips, the thought of him handling my body as if one of his engineers had mapped it out for him.

It's not that I didn't think about that night too, it's just that I respect my dad too much. Masking my feelings and dissociating is something I am an expert at and soon this will all be in the past.