Chapter11 - Locked Out Of Heaven

Liv's POV

The last couple of days in The Netherlands had been just what I needed. I spent time visiting my old neighbourhood, cycling passed the canals and even squeezed in a sunset trip to the beach with the girls in Haarlem. All this while praying to not bump into my ex boyfriend.

"Tell me again from the beginning?!" demanded Bianca.

"I've told you twice already," I laughed over a glass of wine. "I'm more interested in your situationship with Pierre. You never could resist French men."

"Best sex of my life I tell you." She raised her glass with a smirk. "You should try it out sometime when Lando isn't tripping over you."

Liv almost choked and tried to keep from laughing. "I'm not having another threesome with you and besides him and I talked about it and decided it's best to just stay-"

-"Out of each other's hotel rooms?" Her friend finished with a raised eyebrow.

"Exactly."

I hadn't seen or spoken to him since our trip a couple of days ago. There were no hard feelings between us, just water under the bridge. I was pretty certain it was a closed chapter in my book.

Bianca and I chatted the night away as we discussed the details of the outfits we'd be wearing on Sunday. The blonde would also be attending the Grand Prix as Pierre's special guest.

Race days are shockingly different in comparison to the other days. Nothing could've prepared me for seeing this many fans, all the cameras and media personalities as well as the teams hustling in their respective garages. Motorsport really is in a league of its own.

Everywhere you looked it was bright colours of orange accompanied by the Dutch flag. The electric energy filled the air and even I had to admit it was thrilling.

We arrived to the bustling circuit in a blacked out SUV. Dad drove us and was once again my chaperone through the gates and onto the paddock. It was easier for us to arrive together than it was for us to leave together but I also suspected that this part of his morning routine was his favourite.

We walked over to the papaya-orange hospitality and sat down for a quick breakfast together. A friendly man came over at one point and introduced himself as Daniel Ricciardo. He seemed nice and had a few interesting tattoos.

My social media blew up after dad's post of us at dinner, I gained a couple hundred thousand followers. Some of which were F1 drivers.

"Ready for the race?" I asked the girls as we stood in the vip paddock above the McLaren garage

"For the second year running, here at Zandvoort, Max Verstaapen wins the Dutch Grand Prix!" Fans in the crowds erupted with joy as the race came to an end. The orange army showed up in numbers for the big celebration and one could tell this victory meant a lot to them too.