⤷‧₊˚ bucketlist [levi x terminal reader]

it's been a while, but ive finally written. especially writing at almost 48k reads...that's just insane.

seeing all your comments genuinely makes me smile, i get so much happiness to see people love my work.

last note, i have surprisingly started a new fic. it is called letters and is verrry short but (heartbreakingly) cute. the first chapter is published.

enjoy !

----------

His hand delicately holds mine, but I can feel his anxiety radiate.

"Sadly, due to the severity of cancer, you have less than 2 weeks" the nurse slowly blinks.

A sharp intake of breath sounds from Levi and my crushed gaze snaps to his.

I take in every detail of him.

Taking a deep breath, I face the nurse who stares at us in sympathy.

"2 weeks...? Less?" my voice is small.

Slowly nodding "You may continue chemo, however, that is your choice".

I look down in thought.

If I'm going to die, why put me through chemo?

"Levi... I can't do chemo. I can't take it" I take both his hands.

He doesn't care to hide his heartbroken expression as he brings me close, pushing my head onto his chest with his palm.

"Of course darling, anything. Anything you want".

His unsteady voice pushes me further into his comfort.

Clearing his throat, he asks "How long do you mean by less?"

My heart beats rapidly.

The nurse glances at me and I nod.

"Roughly 6 days".

---

"A what?"

"A bucket list!"

"I thought that was just a saying? People do these...?" he unfolds the piece of paper.

"Umm yes, you boring male".

"That you love".

I sway my index finger side to side with a grin and said "Hold it there, bleach fairy".

His eyebrows raise in exaggeration as he reads.

"Jump out of a plane into the sea, travel to Cappadocia in Turkey to go fly on a hot air balloon; uhhh steal Mona Lisa. Now you hold it there Y/n".

I let out a giggle and hopelessly shrug my shoulders "I know, I can't steal Mona Lisa in 6 days, but give me 2 weeks and I'll do it".

He stares at me wistfully, reminded once again of reality.

"Rob a bank. What? Rob digital money? Next, steal a whole shelf of limescale bleach".

Levi shakes his head to the side, hiding a tiny smile.

"I thought that would be something on my list," he says, and I grin.

"Ooo, last one! We have to do this" I say with excitement, gazing up at him.

"Go to a five-star restaurant pretending to be a food critic so I can get free Michelin-starred food".

With a deep laugh "Okay, I'll have to admit that is a good one. I'm impressed. It's creative".

"Yeah, but since I'll make you do it with me, you might get chucked in a cell".

"Hmm," he thinks, pulling my head down onto his lap to caress my hair.