⤷‧₊˚ sweetheart [levi x targeted reader]

tw - mention of abuse

had to republish since wattpad decided to be a poo

----------

She felt the rapid thumps of her heart hit her chest.

With her complexion turning paler by the second, her teeth unconsciously clench in fear and adrenaline as she begins to run.

Run to the one person she can trust - the one person she can go to for help.

Almost falling onto the door, her fist flies against it. "Levi..Levi!"

The door gets thrown open; the hinges almost fly off as he appears in the doorway, slightly wide-eyed.

"Jesus, Y/n, what do you want?" His dark, thin eyebrows scrunch as he scans her, stepping forward a little as he takes in her state. "Y/n".

"I-I-", her breaths are heavy and unsteady, and Levi scowls, grabbing her arms "Calm the fuck down and talk to me".

Y/n steps back and runs a hand over her face in distress, "Just follow me", and she spins on her heel, walking down the hallway with Levi right behind her.

Levi's mind is in turmoil at her shaken state. Usually she's calm and collected and the last person to panic.

He's about to speak, a hand hovering above her shoulder, before she halts at a door.

Levi catches the shaking of her hand as she pushes it open, but lingers outside and looks to him to enter himself.

He stares at her for a moment, an eyebrow raised, before slowly stepping inside.

Scanning the half-lit bedroom, his gaze rests upon a girl whose whole torso and face is covered in blood.

It's the usual, seeing corpses, but not when it's a soldier in their own room.

With a slightly grim look, he steps closer and can already tell that the girl is dead as she lies limp on the bed.

He catches the name badge on her jacket. 'Gianna Walker'.

He looks away to the side.

"You knew her".

Turning, he watches as Y/n steps into the doorway. She looks a little more composed, but still shaken.

"We were...good friends", she whispers, looking off to the side.

She's dead. Gianna is dead.

Levi turns away from the girl and walks to Y/n. When face to face, he looks into her eyes for a moment before sighing and leading her outside the room with a hand on her back.

Sliding a hand into her pocket, she speaks calmly. "I was on my way to see her and just talk like we usually do late at night...", she looks up at him nervously.

"Then there she was, gone". She drags out a breath with a shake of her head, "Someone - someone fucking came in and did this to Gianna; they must have done. Through the window, it's half open!".

Levi stands there quietly in thought, his eyes flickering to her profile.

Why can't he just hold her? He can't, and he doesn't know why.

Swallowing, he runs a hand through his raven hair, "Someone must have heard, anyone walking by. Or even a scream...didn't you hear one?", he questions as they start to walk to report the crime.

She blinks, "I didn't...no. He must have done it quietly",...after that comment, she groans and covers her face. "Levi I don't know what to do".

"Tch, you don't have to do anything, Snow White", he speaks with a completely neutral expression, and Y/n frowns.