Chapter 1: Winds of Change

Nevermore Academy, an institution founded in 1791 to nurture, house, and teach what society calls outcasts creatures, beings, and individuals of the most unique degree. Some were Vampires, Werewolves, Psychics, and freaks alike, but there also existed those whose true identity was only known to they themselves. That could not ring any more true than the boy who awakened on the academy's roof, he slowly opens his eyes and sits up with a tired yawn. He is dressed in a custom version of the Nevermore uniform, a solid black blazer with a slightly unbuttoned undershirt and black sleek pants. He wearily climbs to his feet and looks around at his surroundings finally taking in the morning in front of him.

"Huh guess I fell asleep up here again." He said, before stretching himself a bit.

The boy looked out at the lush and eerie green forest that surrounded the entire school, the sounds of students laughing, roaring, talking, and howling, echoed from down below as it fills his ears. He closes his eyes once more in an attempt to cancel out the noise replacing them with the sounds of the world around him, the rustling of the leaves, the snapping of twigs, the call of the animals...the voices of the winds as they picked up serenading him with every breeze as he listens in pure delight it was a song that he was more than familiar with as he had heard it so many time before but that didn't matter he adored it all the same. If only he could listen to it forever.

"Y/N!!!"

If only. He quickly opened his eyes, the peaceful song that played was now gone for the chaos that it had replaced. He sighed as he leaned over slightly and glanced down to the ground below as the mysterious yet cheerful voice called out to him once more.

"Y/N, I know you're up there!" the voice called out slightly annoyed. The boy just smiled slightly.

"No, I'm not." He said, she quickly spotted him and rolled her eyes.

"Come on down, I gotta tell you something absolutely incredible!" She says smiling, this was Enid Sinclair, she's a Werewolf and probably one of the nicest people you could ever meet. She and Y/N had met during his second stay at Nevermore and much to his annoyance sometimes quickly hit it off. Her bright and incredibly bubbly personality was a good match for his cold and sarcastic one and they both took great joy in that fact.

"Did you win the lottery?" He asked only partially joking

"No."

"Did I win the lottery?"

"Still no."

"Then whatever it is really isn't all that amazing." He said and quickly turned back towards the forest before squinting his eyes as Y/N could have sworn he saw something approaching the school from the road. While Enid just continued on.

"Well, I'm telling you this is even more amazing than that because...I'm getting a roomie!!!" She says smiling happily, and in an instant, the winds came roaring back to Y/N the cold of a winters breeze wrapping all around him as they whispered in his ears and guided his eyes to the schools front gates as they opened and an ominous all black car came rolling in.

"Hey, Enid who exactly is this new roommate of yours?" He asks his eyes never breaking contact with the vehicle as it came to a full stop.

"Her name is Wednesday Addams, she's transferring from another school. I did my research and she was expelled from her last school." Enid casually explains, and Y/N finally looks away from the car and back down at her visibly intrigued, before listening to more of Enid's explanation.

"She tossed piranhas into the school pool and a boy lost a testicle." She flatly said before Y/N looked at her with one question on his mind.

"Swimmer or Water Polo?" He asked