Chapter 4: They Call the Winds Wednesday

"Eyes as blue as the azure sky...that is the symbol of The Contractor"
—————
"You're gonna do what!?" Enid asks, shaking Y/N violently her grip tightened around him, and her claws popped out, stabbing into his arms.

"Ow. ow, Enid, CLAWS!" He says and she quickly let him go, stepping back a bit.

"Sorry! Sorry.." She said apologetically. He waves it off. "It's alright, don't worry about it." Y/N moves over a bit and sits down on her bed while Enid just stares at him a mixture of pure excitement and seriousness across her face.

"So, you're really gonna do it? you're really gonna ask Wednesday to the Rav'N." Enid asks and Y/N smiles and nods confidently "I like her Enid, I'm not even gonna try and play it like I don't, whether she feels the same about me...I don't know, but regardless of that I know I'd hate myself if I didn't try." He finishes and Enid smiles hugging him.

"Well, just know I'll be rooting for you and I'm sure she feels the same...In her own Wednesday sort of way." She says and they both chuckle "Thanks, Enid." "Anytime Y/N."
—————
Thumping is heard inside the vents of The Jericho County Morgue as a certain frightening girl makes her way through. Something quickly exits through the ventilation shaft and drops down onto a camera. Thing sticks black Bubblegum all over the Security camera watching the door before dropping down and crawling to said door, opening it and Wednesday sneaks in.

"Dr. Kinbott tells me I should get out more. Says I need to open my mind to new people and experiences. Who am I to argue with her professional clichés?" Wednesday says as she and Thing enter the main room.

"While I do the autopsy, you find the files of the monster's other victims and make copies." She says to thing who taps loudly in refusal.

"Don't pout. Your scalpel skills are questionable. Do you remember my 13th birthday, when Uncle Fester gave me that cadaver? You sliced right through that man's carotid." She says, Thing taps more and Wednesday stops everything.

"Why are you bringing Y/N up all of a sudden? I did not bring him along because we do not need him for this, nor do I require his presence every waking moment." She says, Wednesday locks the door, and Thing gestures.

"I am not indecisive when it comes to him, I know exactly where it is we stand we are professional partners in this investigation and nothing else." She says, Thing goes to make another gesture but immediately leaps out of the way of a scalpel as Wednesday turns to him with a deadly stare.

"Make any more insinuations and you will lose all your fingers."

Thing, instantly knows well enough that she is not joking and heads to make copies, and Wednesday heads to the containers holding the corpses and opens them up completely unfazed by any of it.

"No. No. Magnificent hematoma. There you are." She says, and drags one out, it was the old man that Y/N had transported into the winds with. Dead. Wednesday begins her examination and strange sense of enjoyment as she does so.

"Thursday, 7:23 p.m. The body is that of a 50-year-old male. Lacerations and defensive wounds appear on both hands. What remains of the chest and torso indicates a frenzied attack. Subject has been almost entirely disemboweled. This is curious. The subject's left foot is missing. It appears to have been chewed off at the ankle. " Wednesday says before thing comes rushing in and tapping wildly.

"Have you seen a left foot anywhere? Calm down. Who's coming? She asks, she hears the front door open and looks around for a place to hide, sadly there's no Y/N to reluctantly fly her out of there. So she picks the only place she could. The sheriff enters with an older gentleman.

"Appreciate you coming back to the office, Doc." The sheriff says they enter the morgue

"No problem, Sheriff. Whatever I can do to help. Whatever or whoever is responsible for these killings...In all my years, I've never seen injuries like them. I thought you should see this before I issued my report on the latest victim. It's a real noodle-scratcher. The killer cut off two toes from the victim's left foot. Best guess, they used a surgical saw. The final autopsy report's still pending."