Chapter 7: She's like the Wind

"Eyes as blue as the azure sky...that is the symbol of The Contractor"
—————
Rain falls all across Jericho, the drops of rain are not unlike the drops of tears shed as the entire town mourns over the loss of Mayor Walker. Many Nevermore and Jericho residents are present for the funeral, Enid is comforted by Ajax, and Y/N stands beside them silently, his winds shielding him from the rain. Wednesday was away from everyone watching on alone, her focus on Y/N who seemingly could tell her gaze was on him as he glances over and meets her eyes, unable to flash her even the smallest of smiles under the circumstance he simply moves his finger slightly as a familiar gentle breeze wraps its self around her a message only he alone could give her which eased her slightly before she focuses on the crowd.

"I enjoy funerals. I've been crashing them since I was old enough to read the obituary section. Mayor Walker was murdered, and I know the killer is here, standing innocently among us, plotting their next move. And watching everything I do. I know I'm close to the truth. I have all the pieces of the jigsaw. I just need to slot them into place. I must look past the tears and masks of grief. Until now, I may have been outmatched and outmaneuvered, but the final gambit has yet to be played. The killer will make a mistake, and I'll be ready." Wednesday thinks to herself, before getting the feeling that someone is watching her, she tilts her head left to a shadowy figure who quickly vanishes into the forest. She gives chase, reaching a clearing Wednesday looks around. The figure suddenly drops from a tree behind her, Wednesday reacts instantly drawing a hidden sword from her umbrella, she thrusts at the man, who catches the blade easily before shocking it with electricity as she drops it. Wednesday for the first time smiles wide, instantly knowing who it is.

"Still as sharp as ever, my pig-tailed protégé." He says, Wednesday smiles happily at him

"Uncle Fester." She said, the man removes his hat revealing a bald man, with pale skin and slightly rounded eyes.

"How long have you been stalking me?" She asks.

"Just blew into town this morning and was hit by a wave of nostalgia."

"I thought you didn't go to Nevermore."

"I didn't. Your dad got all the brains. But I used to drop in on him. Usually from the ceiling with a dagger clutched between my teeth. Just to keep him on his toes."

"Of course." Wednesday smirks.

"He filled me in on what's been going on. Monsters, murder, mayhem. What fun! I told him I had a job in Boston, but I'd be checking up on you."

"What kind of job?"

"The kind that means I need somewhere to lay low for a couple of days." Fester said, thankfully Wednesday just so happened to know the perfect place. She takes Fester to the Bee Hive away from everyone and everything.

"This place belongs to a friend."

"You've actually made a friend. That poor kid will be going home in a body bag. Wednesday and Fester enter the shack, and Fester notices the container of bees.

"I like a hideout that comes with snacks." Fester says as he opens up the hive box.

"Those bees are hibernating. They're practically Eugene's children. That means do not eat them!" She says, and Fester frowns and puts the Bees back.

"You know, when you give me that death stare of disapproval, you remind me of your mother. Speaking of scary things, you know what kind of monster you're dealing with?"

"I haven't been able to identify it." Wednesday shows the drawing of the monster that Xavier made, faster examines it

"Ooh. It's called a Hyde."