Chapter 12: Power of the Winds (Side Story)

"Eyes as blue as the azure sky...that is the symbol of The Contractor, entrusted by the Spirit King of the Wind with the powers of his domain. I bear this mark...The Stigma of the Wind"
—————
The tension in the air was suffocating as Y/N and Ayano stared down Ruri the possession of his body more twisted than ever as the rotted almost zombified look of his face meshed with the bloodshot eyes he now possessed, The wind around him was demented, murderous and Toxic beyond belief as it played a horrific song that could only be compared to nails on a chalkboard. Y/N took a deep breath and waited patiently for a moment as a powerful gust of calming winds rushed through wrapping themselves around him and easing his ears and spirit instantly.

"So that's really Ruri, how come I couldn't sense his presence?" Ayano asks

"He's a wind user if he doesn't want to be found a fire user like you doesn't stand a chance, get right in his face and fight him close attacks from a distance won't work."

"Why don't you worry about yourself ok?" She says and charges at Ruri slashing through the air with her Enriha and unleashing a barrage of fireballs right at him, he waives his hand firing out a massive slash of dark wind that instantly detonates every single one before suddenly Ayano leaps through the flames, and brings her sword down immediately slamming against a barrier of wind its sheer force holding her in place as Ruri smirks twistedly. "GRAAAH!!" In an instant, Ruri vanished into the winds and reappeared sending a powerful punch to Ayano's face that she barely managed to block lifting up her sword as she slid back.  Ruri wasted no time following through reappearing before Ayano as a blade of dark wind formed in his hand before driving through instantly clashing with her as her knees slightly buckled under the pressure while fire and dark winds danced around them.

"Could use a little help right now Y/N!." She yells pushing Ruri back and gaining some distance between them her eyes dart around trying to find him only to Spot Y/N hovering up in the air smiling down at her "Since you look like you have everything under control I'm going on ahead take care of him alright, and try not to die in the process." He says before flying off, Ayano's entire body instantly ignites in crimson-red flames as she watches him fly off pure anger and hatred fueling her as she glares "Don't you leave me like this you asshole!!!"

Gathered around the seal Yuri and the remaining Fugas as well as the controlled Ren approached the darkened and demonic flame, Yuri raises his hand as the ceremony begins

"Go on now is the time to release the seal of our god summon thy great demon using the seed of the Kannagi to free him from his prison," Yuri said, and Ren helplessly approached the flame its dark embers scattering around him as it magnified

"Hear us, lord Galo we offer the child of the Kannagi as a sacrifice devour his soul and give us the power to put an end to the Kannagi forever!" The seal on the shrine instantly exploded as the demonic flame erupted and swirled into the air forming itself into a horrific beast that looked to swallow Ren whole before a massive wall of wind came crashing down separating them and sending many of the Fugas flying from its pressure, Y/N quickly flew in grabbing Ren in a massive tornado before landing and emerging from the winds with him safely in his arms but unconscious.

"Man, that was close." He said breathing out a sigh of relief before turning to the demonic flaming beast as it bashed itself against the wall of wind repeatedly "I'll deal with you in a minute." Y/N said before laying Ren gently on the ground, he held his hand over the sleeping boy's face as a gentle breeze escaped his palm and after a few short moments, Ren's eyes slowly opened back to normal once again before flashing Y/N a very similar and innocent smile as he sat up.

"Y/N!"

"Well, what do you know look who decided to wake up."

"You saved me." Ren instantly wrapped his arms around him hugging him tightly and Y/N gladly returned the favor before pinching both of Ren's cheeks and giving him a playful shake as the young boy smiled along joyfully