Chapter 8: The Stigma of the Wind

"Eyes as blue as the azure sky...that is the symbol of The Contractor, entrusted by the Spirit King of the Wind with the powers of his domain. I bear this mark...The Stigma of the Wind"
—————
"So, let me get this straight."

Y/N sits on his bed, as Wednesday sat beside him, it was a short bit after Wednesday's vision.

"So, you're saying when we kissed, which was incredible by the way, you had a vision where I fight Tyler in his Hyde form, and then later die by sacrificing myself?"

"That would be correct, and I do not think I would use the word incredible to describe it, do not flatter yourself too much Yagami." Wednesday says coldly, Y/N smirks "Oh really, care to try again and test that theory, Addams." He fires back, Traces of color crawl their way onto Wednesday's face as she blushed. She looked away scoffing knowing she would be proven wrong.

"...Would you be serious for once, your life is in danger and you're more focused on my lips?" She says, he smiles "I am serious, I don't think anything can be more important than that." He says and gently holds her chin tilting her head towards him as he leans in, Wednesday doesn't resist as they share another firm and loving kiss. They depart for a moment Y/N shows his signature smile

"Everything's gonna be ok. I'll be okay nobody said the future was set in stone we'll change it..." He gently lays his hand on hers "Together. I feel it in the winds." He says confidently, Wednesday smiles slightly "I didn't say you could hold that." She said "I want to hold it." He said, a calming wind of seriousness in his eyes, Wednesday looks into them and sighs in defeat before flipping her hand over and taking his in hers "Oh, fine...Special treatment, just for now." She says, Y/N chuckles "Fine by me."

"I refuse to allow Crackstone to be victorious in all of this, we need to stop Tyler." She starts

"Only question is how...we can always capture him and force him to transform." He says, "We just need the perfect way to bait him out." Y/N says and Wednesday quickly figures it out

"Leave that to me."

Tyler walks along a dark path into the forest to an awaiting Wednesday.

"Thing gave me your note. I was surprised you wanted to see me. So, uh, is this a date?" Tyler asks hopeful, and Wednesday keeps her calm demeanor.

"It's a surprise. When I came to Nevermore, romance was the last thing on my mind. But when Y/N kissed me, it opened my eyes and suddenly it all made sense. Y/N warned me about you, but I didn't listen. Which lead to me framing Xavier for murder while the real Hyde helped me put him away."

"Wait... you don't think..."

"I don't think. I know. Kinbott probably discovered your secret during one of your sessions. So she unlocked you. Why'd you kill her? I thought Hydes were typically loyal to their masters."

"Wednesday, this is nuts."

"On Outreach Day, I told you I was visiting the old meeting house. Did Kinbott send you to spy on me? I have to hand it to you, Tyler. Using the Gates house as a trap to try and kill Y/N, the one person who could feel through your facade and easily take you on that was a masterstroke of misdirection."

"Okay, stop. Do you know how insane you sound right now? I'm not a monster. A... And if you really thought that I was, why would you risk bringing me out to the woods to confront me alone?"

"Who said I was alone?" Wednesday responded as the remaining Nightshades and Y/N began revealing themselves one by one surrounding Tyler.

"Okay, I don't know what kind of sick joke you're playing, but I'm out of here."