Chapter 9: The Wind's Return (Side Story)

"Eyes as blue as the azure sky...that is the symbol of The Contractor, entrusted by the Spirit King of the Wind with the powers of his domain. I bear this mark...The Stigma of the Wind"
—————
New York City. The City that never sleeps. The Big Apple. Composed of five boroughs and home to over eight million people who speak more than 200 languages, hail from every corner of the globe, and, together, are the heart and soul of the most dynamic city in the world. For most a perfect place to call home but for a certain Contractor it never truly was.

On the upper west side of the city as a calming breeze blows by Y/N gently lands at the front door of an exotic-looking manor his hands in his pockets.

"Well, this definitely looks like the right place." He said and goes to knock on the door before it slowly opens to an older-looking gentleman tiredly standing there "We've been expecting you, Mr. Yagami, please follow me." He says softly, Y/N nods and follows behind as he leads him to a large room where a man and a boy roughly his age with ash blonde hair and brown eyes sat and discussed back and forth, the latter of which's eyes instantly widen as he saw Y/N a faintly familiar singeing wind wraps around him as he stares back unvarying.

"What the? Y/N, it is you why are you here? wait a minute don't tell me you're the other person Mr. Sakamoto hired to exorcise his house you've gotta be kidding." He says, Y/N stares back blankly

"So, who gave you permission to come back to New York?" He asks mockingly

"No one I was never kicked out of the state genius, no that it's your business." Y/N fires back calm and cold, the boy glares at him before the man curiously jumps in

"Shinji you know Mr. Yagami then?" He asks "Yeah, but Yagami's not his real name, this is Y/N Kannagi the black sheep and disgrace of the Kannagi family." He answers and Y/N scoffs

"I missed you too thanks, cousin." Y/N says sarcastically

"Why are you here anyways, trying to worm your way back in?"

"I'd rather burn in hell." Y/N smirks

"Well, I can arrange that loser." before the two of them could go any further however the man jumps in again "Gentle man please stop this bickering at once, I don't care who you are just as long as you can rid my house of this ghost, but please keep in mind my antiques here are very valuable worth far more than what I am paying either of you so I ask that you use your abilities with discretion." He pleads and Shinji walks over to Y/N

"Don't worry sir." He says as he leans closer to Y/N smirking arrogantly who simply smirks back at him casually

"Now pay attention you idiot you're about to see a master of fire at work."

"Yeah, where is he? A branch family punk is all I'm seeing." Y/N said wholeheartedly his signature smile crawling onto his face as Shinji grabbed his collar furiously "You bastard the hell did you just say to me?!" A vile and ominous wind quickly wraps itself around Y/N whispering a horrid song in his ears as his smile fades.

"Heads up, it's time to go to work." Y/N said before an unearthly presence began to converge and spread throughout the manor, directing its focus to one point in the room. Y/N casually stepped back as the presence finally manifested into a smoky ominous figure forcing Mr. Sakomoto to cower in fear and Shiniji moved to protect him forming a small ball of flames in his hands.

"You picked the wrong house ghost, now eat this!" Shinji yells before firing his flames at the creature enveloping it in the fire as it roared in agony...before laughing demonically

"Oh no." Y/N said, The creature instantly expanded absorbing the flames before doubling and redirecting them throughout the mansion as it exploded blasting Shinji away and leaving everything like a scene from hell itself. The creature quickly reformed laughing hysterically as it loomed over Shinji's body, Y/N simply looked on completely disinterested as his winds shielded him from the flames.