Chapter 6: Against the Winds

"Eyes as blue as the azure sky...that is the symbol of The Contractor"
—————
Wednesday sits alone in the center of her dorm room, quietly reciting an ominously dark chant as she holds the necklace her mother gave her. Surrounded by candles, she continues the winds around her shift creating a whisper as she sits in front of an Ouija board with "Goody." Written on the front.

"In case you're wondering, I don't hold séances very often. I can barely tolerate the living. Why would I want to commune with the dead? But my mother told me Goody is the only one that can train me to control my psychic ability. The sooner I master that, the sooner I crack this case." Wednesday thought, the door to her room opens slowly and a gust of wind snuffs the candles out, Wednesday thought the seance had worked as a figure emerged from the shadows, but much to her disappointment, it was only Enid.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt your...Uh, do I even want to know?" She says.

"I was reaching into the black maw of death to contact a relative."

"Feels very on-brand for you. But wouldn't Y/N be a big help here, he does speak to and listen to spirits all the time."

"Only in regards to spirits of the wind, that idiotic Windbreaker wouldn't know the first thing about communicating with the deceased." Wednesday replies coldly

"I guess so, You have a relative named Goody?"

"She was one of the original outcasts. Been attempting to summon her, but she seems to be ignoring my entreaties."

"Oh, you thought about using one of my scented candles? The aroma of steak tartare is to die for. Enid smiled before out of nowhere a slip of paper was slid underneath their door.

"Maybe Goody answered you after all." Enid said and Wednesday walked over and read the note made from cut-out pieces of magazines. "If you want answers, come to Crackstone crypt at Midnight."

"I doubt she communicates in magazine cutouts." Wednesday said, and she alongside Enid make their way to the crypt, Enid was obviously scared out of her mind for whatever lies ahead. Enid quickly jumps at the howl of an animal.

"You insisted on coming along. I was fine on my own. Seems like our wannabe Deep Throat is already here." Wednesday and Enid approach the door to the crypt, with the smell of death ripe in the air

"Ew. What died?"

"Smells like childhood. Come on."

"Second thoughts. Why don't I just stay out here? You know, as a lookout." Enid said, which Wednesday just ignores before heading inside, she slowly sneaks around the crypt, using her flashlight to analyze any possible hint that could be there, but what caught her attention was the strange whispers coming from behind the tomb.

"Whoever you are, show yourself. Try anything and you'll lose limbs. She says with a fiery glare and an Ice cold truth gripping every word, much to her disappointment though it was only a familiar group of teenagers that had emerged from the darkness with a cake in hand. Their laughs irritated her more and more as Wednesday realized she had wasted her time.

"Surprise! Happy birthday to you ♪ ♪ Happy birthday to you ♪ ♪ Happy birthday, dear Wednesday ♪ ♪ Happy birthday to you ♪" They sing, Wednesday's eyes dart around the crowd and her disappointment grew even more as she immediately noticed something, A certain Idiotic Contractor was nowhere to be found.

"I should have known you were behind this. What part of "no party under the penalty of death" do you not understand?" She says as she spots Thing with a little dark party hat on his wrist before glancing at the cake which was a grim reaper, with a pink balloon.