Chapter 14: A Merry Wind This Way Blows (Christmas Special)

"Deck the halls with boughs of holly, Fa la la la la la la la!"

"Tis the season to be jolly, Fa la la la la la la la!"

It was a cold and gloomy December morning in the Addams Family Mansion, and the unmistakable sound of holiday cheer echoed through the halls as Gomez and Morticia adorned the house with macabre decorations. Wednesday sits in the corner of the living room, Y/N beside her as she broods, watching the rest of her family immerse themselves in the Christmas spirit. Pugsley was gleefully wrapping a rotted and decrepit-looking wreath in barbed wire, and Fester hung ripped and tattered stockings along the top of the fireplace. All the while, Lurch played a somber rendition of Jingle Bells on the harpsichord.

It was clear that Wednesday despised this holiday, as it went against everything she held dear.

"Lurch, play something darker, would you?" Wednesday asked, a cold disdain gripping her every word, and Lurch, the ever the faithful servant, nodded in response and began to play a mournful dirge on the harpsichord, much to the delight of his morose audience. As the haunting melody filled the room, Y/N leaned closer to Wednesday.

"You really don't like Christmas, do you?"

"I despise it, Y/N: the frivolity, the joy, and warmth, the overbearing commercialism. It's the complete opposite of everything I am and believe in." Wednesday sighed, her coal-black eyes fixed on the dreary scene before her, and Y/N chuckled, reaching out and gently laying his hand on hers as he followed her gaze.

"Well, I guess you do have a point there, but I'd be lying if I said it's not nice seeing what an actual family Christmas looks like with my own eyes."

"And what do you mean by that?"

"I mean, holidays and family fun weren't exactly a priority to my old man when I was a little kid. Only my training mattered."

"Unfortunately though, all that training was nothing more than a waste of time."

"Ooh. Scathing Addams, comments like that are why I'm sure you're definitely on Santa's naughty list." Y/N jested, a hand to his chest as he chuckled, and for the first time that day, Wednesday's stern, cold stare softened ever so slightly as she turned to him, Y/N's eyes still entirely focused on the festivities as a warm and gentle breeze wraps around them whispering in her ears before she sighs in defeat flipping her hand over and taking his in hers.

"Would...Would you like one?"

Y/N's eyes widen in surprise, turning back to her. "What?" He asked before instantly jolting in pain as Wednesday's grip on his hand tightened like a vice, the subtle pops of breaking bones peaking through the music. "A genuine Christmas. I could try to...give you one with my family, and I won't say it again." She says, her voice barely above a whisper, her eyes avoiding direct contact with his as small traces of color crawl their way onto her face, and Y/N smiles his signature contagious, pure, loving, and idiotic smile, completely pushing past the crushing pain in his hand.

"You'd do that for me?"

"I suppose I could try. But don't expect any of the usual festive nons-" Wednesday tries to finish, finally facing him, but Y/N quickly cuts her off, planting a soft kiss on her cheek. "I'd expect nothing less." He said, chuckling. Wednesday's face instantly froze up like ice, her entire body stiffening, and she remained completely silent, glaring daggers at Y/N as his laughter slowly died down.

"So, where do we sta-" He began but was forced to narrowly catch Wednesday's fist mere inches from his face, a small gust of wind flowing off as Wednesday pushed harder. "I Hate You." She said, her words never more serious in her life, making Y/N smile.