#5 Father Christmas

We soon went to sleep. Somehow, we could all squeeze into the beaver's house. It wasn't exactly big. In the morning, we packed some more food and headed to Aslan's camp.

I was starting to be pretty tired from walking in all the snow, it may look pretty but it's hard work to get from point A to B.

Peter was in the front with the beavers, while we girls stayed walking in the back.

"I'm sorry by the way." Susan said, turning to me. "For what?" I asked. "You know, how I blamed everything on you two, we really didn't know what was about to happen." I smiled. "It's okay, I'm sorry too, for snapping at you." She nodded and smiled. A silence followed.

"What's going on between you and Peter?" Susan asked to break the silence. "What do you mean?" I tried acting clueless. "Oh you know exactly what I mean! Come on! The way you look at each other? It's so obvious!" She exclaimed. "Can you be quieter, please? I don't want the whole of Narnia to hear about my personal life!" I looked at Lucy that was walking a little ahead of us. "And I definitely don't want Lucy to know." She turned around. "Too bad, I heard everything!" She laughed. I grabbed her and jokingly messed up her hair. "You nosy little thing!" I teased her.

"So something did happen?" Susan continued to ask. "What do you want me to say to you? That Peter and I almost kissed?" Susan stayed quiet.

"Because we did!"

"You kissed?" Susan and Lucy whispered at the same time, clearly in shock but with smiles on their faces. "I said almost!" I specified. "Why almost?" Lucy asked. I let out a sigh. "Because I got scared and ran away." I looked away from them.

"Are you joking?"

"What do you think I am? I don't go and kiss a boy that I've known for just a day!" I said sharply. "That's fair," Susan said. "He seems so weird ever since we got here." Susan sighed. I let out a chuckle. "Well, if you didn't notice we are in a magical world hidden in the back of the wardrobe and we are accompanied by two talking beavers. I'm off too to be completely honest." Susan grunted. "I didn't mean it like that and you know it." She looked at me. "I saw you two talk on our way to Mr Tumnus'. " She added.

I knew where this conversation was going. I might have to be honest finally.

"I talked to him about what happened, and asked him if we could remain friends." Susan's eyes winded.

"Have you lost your mind? He clearly likes you, and you like him! Why be friends?" She exclaimed. The beavers and Peter turned around. "Did you say something?" Peter asked. "No, nothing keep going!" I answered before Susan could.

"I told you to be quiet!" I shrieked quietly. "And what else do you not understand? I've known you all for what? Around four days? And I'm just 15, I'm not sure if I want to start something with him, and in these conditions." I pointed around us as I was speaking.

Susan went quiet for a while before she decided to say something. "Yeah, I guess you're a bit right. But I think that you should make it right with him you know? He's really miserable. Maybe tell him why you want to be just friends." I nodded in answer.

We arrived at some kind of snowy bridge. The view was absolutely amazing. "Now, the Aslan's camp is near the stone table, just across the frozen river." Mr. Beaver pointed in front of us. "River?" Peter asked, confused. "Oh, the river has been frozen solid for a hundred years!" Mrs. Beaver explained. We all sighed in relief.

Peter looked in the direction of the stone table. "It's so far!" He said. "It's the world, dear. Did you expect it to be small?" Mrs. Beaver said. "Yes," I replied. "Smaller," Susan added. I looked at her and smiled.