Epilogue

For three years, I have gone out of bed every single day and gone out to the woods to look for them. And every day was more and more unsuccessful. I was slowly losing all my hope. I was completely alone, ruling over Narnia, without my husband or my best friends.

I built a sort of chamber for the remembering of the lost kings and queens. All of their values were in there. It was the only place I spent my time other than in the woods looking for them.

The sun, shining through the window woke me up. I bearly felt any happiness ever since that day. The day they disappeared. And it was no different this morning.

I got up and went out on the balcony. I inhaled the fresh air. Maybe this was the day that I would find them. Or maybe I would be able to find just a small hint for me to figure out where they were.

I made my way to my closet and put on my riding pants and shirt. The only thing I've worn for the last three years. I can't even remember the last time I've actually worn a dress.

The main hall was empty. No one was in sight. "Hello? Is someone here?"

"Oh, we're so sorry, your majesty." A faun and a squirrel showed up by the door. "We didn't expect you to be up so early. It's only five in the morning!" The squirrel spoke.

"It's quite alright, I haven't properly checked the time before I left." I smiled forgivingly.

"Would your majesty like some breakfast even this early?" The faun asked me.

"No thank you, I'm not hungry at all," I reassured them. "I'm leaving for the woods, I'll probably be back by noon."

"Of course, your majesty." They said at the same time.

I headed for the exit and quickly ran to the stables. I saw Daisy still asleep on the ground. I sighed.

I won't be waking her up so early.

"Your majesty, I'm awake, if you need a ride." A voice came from behind me.

"Aire!" It was Peter's horse.

"I'm willing to go look for my king and master in whatever circumstances, your majesty." He said.

"Let's go then."

****

"Do you remember where exactly you've last seen them?" We were walking through the woods, Aire by my side.

"It's been too long, your majesty. I'm getting old and my memory unfortunately isn't the best anymore." He answered.

"Don't worry, I don't blame you." I sighed.

I looked up to the sky and saw the sun right above me.

"It's noon already, we need to get back before the people at the castle start to get worried," I said.

****

"Your majesty, we've received news from Telmar. They want to attack us."

"Your majesty?"

"Your majesty?"

A voice brought me back from my thoughts. "I'm sorry, what did you say?"

"The Talmarines, they want to start a war."

I didn't even have time to process the information, when Tumnus walked in speaking quite angrily.

"Where on earth have I put it? Why do I keep losing everything!" He was grunting. Everyone seemed pretty confused.

"I'm sorry, has anyone seen my compass? It was my father's it means I lot to me." He turned to us with a sad face.

"No, I am sad to say that nobody has seen your compass, you better take care of your things more carefully Tumnus." Maurus snapped.

"A compass...," I whispered to myself.

And then I realized.

"The compass!" I yelled out and ran out of the room. I've never in my life run so quickly. How could I be so stupid and not remember this?

I got into my room and opened my drawer. My hands were so quick with throwing out the things at the top until I reached the bottom.

A belt with a pocket on the side layed there. I picked it up. The pocket had of course a compass hidden inside of it. I took it outside. I haven't looked at it for years. Obviously, since I didn't need to use it. Until now.

This wasn't just a regular compass. It was Father Christmas' gift to me. And its needle pointed in the direction of my lost loved ones.

Peter, Susan, Lucy, and Edmund. My lost loved ones.

I grabbed it and quickly ran out of the room to the stables. But they were completely empty. All the horses were gone.

I forgot that the soldiers went out to the woods too, for the daily look-through to see if they can find something new. And obviously they had to take all the horses.

"Screw this, "I grunted. I left the stables and headed in the direction the needle of the compass pointed in.

I got through the forest, still following the compass. But the needle started pointing into a bush of trees.

What?

"This is for you, Pevensies." I sighed.

Please. I thought as I started walking through the trees.

And then the rough edges of the branches started turning into something....soft.

Wait are these...

coats?

~
Soo this is it I guess. This has been a fun journey but it's not over...yet. I'm gonna be taking a break from being active on here and I'll focus on writing the sequel to this story. Take care!!

tv
xx