#12 Kings and Queens

On the first night of being at Cair Parevel, I had the best sleep I've ever had. I wouldn't be surprised if the bed or the sheets were enchanted in some way.

After Peter left, I napped for just an hour before too much excitement and happiness woke me up. I decided to walk through the castle grounds to get to know my new home. Lucy and Susan joined me a while later.

The girls were probably on the same level of excitement as I was.

The dinner feast, for our welcome, was something I never experienced before. In a good way obviously.

The massive table held hundreds of plates with different kinds of meals.
I bet every person on earth would find their favorite one if they attended.

And before we knew it, the day was over.

****

"Susan!" I yelled out. Lucy and I were in her room, already dressed up in our royal dresses for the coronation ceremony. But Susan seemed a bit off.

"I don't think I can walk in dressed like this!" She yelled back.

I laughed. "I bet you look gorgeous! You've worn dresses like these before, it's not that much of a difference!"

"Come on Sue! I want to see you!" Lucy exclaimed knocking hard on the door of the room.

"Ugh, fine!" Susan grunted. The door opened and she walked out. She was wearing a beautiful light green dress that reached her ankles, embroidered with gold. A dark green cloak was attached to her neck.

Lucy gasped and I smiled big as I saw her. "See! You look absolutely stunning!" I exclaimed.

"I don't know how to feel about all of this," Susan said looking at herself in the mirror.

"Don't worry, it's just the nerves. That's what makes you feel like you don't look good. I promise I know that feeling very well. " I laughed.

"Come on ladies!" Lucy demanded excitingly. We all headed to the door and left for the main hall.

For some reason, I felt more mature in the dress. It felt like I was really sinking into all this ruling stuff. My dress was almost the same design as Susan's. It was light blue with silver embroidery. And my cloak was dark purple.

Lucy on the other hand had a red cloak. But her dress was almost the same shade of blue as mine.

We got to the door of the main hall, but Peter and Ed were nowhere in sight.

"Where are they??" I grunted. The girls started looking around to see if the boys were hiding somewhere.

"Ehm-" Susan snorted out a laugh. "I think I don't look like a fool after all. Unlike them," She said pointing in front of her.

Peter and Ed were walking towards us. Lucy let out a loud laugh. "What are you wearing?" She asked.

They were wearing shirts, both light blue. and on top, they had some sort of jackets made out of suede. Peter's was dark blue, Ed's light blue. Both of the shirts had flowers embroidered on them.

And the funniest bit. They were wearing tights.

"Well what do you think?" Ed snapped. "We look much better than all three of you together. "

I snorted out a laugh. They looked good, I had to admit that, but I wasn't used to seeing them wear stuff like this.

The girls and Ed started to fight. I rolled my eyes and nodded towards Peter. He walked up to me and smiled.