#6 Aslan's camp

"Wow," I whispered to myself. We slowly walked through the forest, which was now filled with many colors. Narnia was beautiful covered in snow, but this was ten times more than just beautiful. I've never seen something so gorgeous.

It soon became so hot we had to take off our coats. I even took off my socks. They were too wet and I hated having wet socks.

It was a very short walk from the river to the camp. We could see already big red tents when we reached a hill. There were many many animals and creatures I've only read about in books. All of them were either sharpening their weapons or tuning out their armor.

We got down and entered the camp. Everyone started to notice us. All of the fauns and centaurs stood up, looking very amazed.

"Why are they all staring at us?" Susan asked. "Maybe they think you look funny!" Lucy joked. I laughed and Lucy did too. We got to a very official-looking tent where a big centaur was standing, as a guard.

Peter pulled out his sword and held it in front of him, pointing it to the sky. "We-, we've come to see Aslan." He ended up telling the guard with a bit of a shaky voice. We were all kind of nervous, I could tell.

The centaur looked at the tent as its entrance slightly moved from the wind. Everyone around us suddenly kneeled. I turned around, looking at the kneeling creatures, very confused. I looked back and a great lion came out of the tent. Oh.

The pevensies and I kneeled instantly as we saw him.

"Welcome, Peter, Son of Adam. Welcome, Susan, Veronica, and Lucy, Daughters of Eve." He spoke towards us. His voice was deep but very sweet.

"And welcome to you, Beavers. You have my thanks." He continued. "But where is the fifth?"

All of us looked at each other. Peter was the one to answer. "That's why we're here, sir. We need your help."

"There was a misunderstanding, sir," I added lifting my head to look into the lion's eyes. "We had a little trouble along the way," Susan said.

"Our brother's been captured by the White Witch," Peter said. Everyone around us gasped in shock.

"Captured? How could this happen?" Aslan asked.

"He betrayed them, your majesty." Mr. Beaver stood up. "Then he has betrayed us all!" The guarding centaur exclaimed.

"Peace Oreius!" The lion growled. "I'm sure there's an explanation." He looked at us.

"It's my fault, sir," Peter spoke. "I've been too hard on him." His gaze dropped down to his shoes. I put my hand on his shoulder. "I think we all were, we're all in the blame."

Peter looked up to meet my gaze. He gave me a soft smile.

"He's our brother, sir," Lucy said.

"I know, dear, that's what makes the betrayal worse. This may be harder than you think." We all looked down in disappointment.

"Please, Oreius and Murus, take these five to their tents and show them everything they need." He looked at the centaur by his side and then at the faun standing behind us.

"Get some sleep, you will need it." He turned back to us and smiled.

****

We slept for hours and hours. We basically woke up the next morning. The tents we were in were absolutely beautiful. We all had comfortable beds and many clothes.

The first thing I did that morning was to dress up. I tried oh nearly every single dress before I chose one. This still didn't feel real. Me and royalty?