#11 Healing

"Veronica!"

Peter yelled as he watched Veronica fall to the ground. He looked at her hip and entire side was covered in blood. In the middle, there was a huge cut, right through her skin.

"Oh no, no, no..." Peter said, his voice shaking. "Roon please stay with me. Stay with me." He was whispering.

Veronica was completely unconscious, without any response. Peter acted urgently and ripped his undershirt open. He placed the fabric on her cut, to try to stop it from bleeding.

"Help! Susan! Lucy!" He was shouting with tears running down his face. "Please!"

The entrance of the tent opened and Susan walked in. "What-" She didn't even finish her sentence because she immediately ran to Peter and unconscious Veronica laying next to him.

"What happened Peter?"

"I don't know she just collapsed. Look at her hip. She has probably lost a lot of blood." He was said through all the tears.

"I need to go get Lucy, try stopping the bleeding even more," Susan demanded, she stood up and ran outside.

Peter stayed by Veronica's side, pushing the ripped shirt hard on her wound. "Roonie don't leave me, please." He was whispering.

Suddenly both Susan and Lucy stormed inside the tent. Peter's eyes shot right up at them.

"Lucy quickly! Or she'll bleed out!" Peter yelled after her. Lucy came running and dropped to the floor. Susan stayed by the entrance, her hands covering her face. She was clearly trying hard not to cry.

Peter slowly pulled Veronica's lips open and Lucy dripped a few drops of her magical liquid in her mouth. Everyone stayed still, waiting with hope for what was about to happen.

But Veronica didn't open her eyes, she stayed lying still on the floor.

"What? No no no!" Peter shouted. "This cannot be happening!" He cried out.

Susan came closer to see what was really happening. Lucy stayed sitting on the floor, holding Veronica's hands. And then Susan suddenly noticed something.

"Peter! Look!" She pointed at Veronica's hip.

The cut was slowly healing by itself. The blood stopped coming out and in a few seconds, all they could see was just a fresh scar.

Lucy put her ear on Veronica's chest and then yelled excitingly." She's still breathing! She'll be okay!" The three children smiled with big relief.

Peter picked Veronica up and placed her on her bed, he gave her a soft kiss on her forehead and left the tent, his sisters following him.

****

I woke up. Something immediately felt very off. Where was I? In England? Was Narnia all a dream?

My eyes quickly focused on the surroundings. I was in fact, still in Narnia, lying in my tent. I sat up and felt a sudden pain in my hip.

"Ouch!" I gasped out of pain.

"You better be careful!" A brown-haired boy was standing by the entrance.

"Edmund!" I yelled out of excitement. "You're alright I see!" I exclaimed.

He nodded and smiled walking towards my bed. "You're finally up, sleepy head."

"Oh shut up!" I joked. "Wait how long was asleep for?" I asked.

"Around a week? Probably?" Ed answered. My eyes widened in shock.

That long?

"I will let the others know that you're awake, stay where you are, and don't move. You still need some rest." Ed said and left the tent.