Chapter 3 : Lady-in-Waiting

"I. . . I'M VERY LONELY FATHER."

The Duke's eyes widened hearing what his daughter had said. She's lonely? Maybe it's time I let her go to banquets. . . He thought.

The Duke has been very protective over Freya as he is much to his son, Felix. Since their ancestors couldn't produce females, he had given up unto believing that he'll ever fulfil his wife's wish to have a baby girl. . . And yet she came, Freya.

The Duke and the former Duchess adored little Freya, after Freya's 10th Birthday the Duchess had caught a disease which led to her Death. The Duke then went on and raised both Felix and Freya with the help of their Loyal servants.

"Well then," the Duke opened one his drawers and handed Freya some papers containing of eligible lady's in waiting.

"You can choose any of those Ladies, after that you can tell Theo."

Freya led out a smile to her Father. "Thank you Father!"

She then went to take a seat on one of the Couches in her Father's Office. It wouldn't bug him if I just make my decision in this room as well, right?

She then went to look at each of the ladies profile. After choosing her top 3, she had to think it thoroughly.

"Ooh, that are some great picks." It was Theo.

"May you tell me more about the ladies?" She asked, Theo is very popular among women because of his looks and status. He knows a lot of people as he is friendly and open-minded so it's great to ask him about peoples profiles.

"Hmm let's see. . . Miss Harriette, she's smart but shy and timid. Miss Poppy, this one's smart too and always has a straight face. Lastly Miss Tia, very talkative, smart and quite popular among aristocrats."

"Who do you suggest?"

"For me, Miss Tia would be beneficial to the lady." He said.

"I think so too." She looked at once more of the Ladies profiles. "I've made up my mind, Miss Tia it is."

"Great choice! I'll be sending a letter then to Miss Tia." Theo went to get a paper and an Ink to write the Letter to miss Tia.

I don't plan on following the Novel's plot, I shall create a path that'll benefit me.

____________________

There was a knock on Freya's Chamber, she quickly stood up and opened the Chamber door herself. There a maid told her that the Duke has called her, she then followed the maid which led her to her father's Office.

Once again Theo opened the Door for her. A girl was standing there, she smiled seeing the Lady.

"Freya, this is Miss Tia the one you chose to be your Lady-in-waiting." The Duke said.

Freya smiled. "Welcome to the Yeovil Ducal Tia, I expect a lot from you."

"Y-yes, Thank you milady." Tia felt uneasy and quite nervous meeting Freya as she knows and heard a lot about the Lady.

Freya then wanted to take a stroll taking Tia with her to get the chance to know her for she will be the Lady's companion from now on.

"Tia. . ." Freya Called unto Tia who's feeling nervous around her.

"Y-yes milady?"

"Is there something bothering you?"

Tia took a deep breath holding herself together. "Nothing milady!"

Freya knew what Tia felt towards her, for her to benefit the Lady the two of them shall create a bond. A master-servant bond.

"Tia, do you have friends?"

Manipulation 101, this shall work. Freya's plan is to gain sympathy from the Miss and get her to Freya's side.

"Yes I do milady. . . "

"What does it feel?" She adds a tone of bitterness to make it seem that she is indeed sad.

It's not like I haven't got friends but the old Freya haven't. Tia looked at her master's bitter face, she has caught on.

"It is fun, someone comforts you when you're feeling down and you get to learn new skills. . . Does Milady have friends as well?" She asks, Freya then tried to smile bitterly.

"I've got none."

Tia felt sad for the lady, the uneasiness she felt earlier was replaced by pity and sympathy. Just how Freya wanted it to be.

"If . . . Milady wants to, I can be your friend." Though Tia was hesitant and scared to dare to ask this to the Lady she still went on.

"Really?! Thank you! I finally have a friend!" Freya's acting was on point, she was looking like a child who was bought a toy she really wanted.

Tia felt happy for her as she thinks she fulfilled the Lady's dream, I'm doing so great! In no time I'll be able to take full power over Aurelia and the Prince. I'll deal with my Brother later he isn't as important and Thrilling. Freya Thought.

Speaking of Her Brother.

As they were still taking a stroll they bumped unto Felix who's reading a book. Freya stopped walking and squinted her eyes giving Felix the look.

When Felix felt his sister's gaze, he lifted his head looked at her. "What is it that you want?"

"Do I look like I need something? From you?" She said.

Both of them glared at each other, Tia who's behind Freya felt scared thinking that the two of them might get into a fight.

"I mean, you are quite needy."

Freya's brows almost met just looking at her own brother. Ha! I got her so good. Felix thought and started smirking.

"What? Can't think of anything to respond?" He stood up carrying his book with him.

"Then I'll just leave, hope to never see you again." He said before walking out.

Freya felt smoke out of her nostrils, He really is an expert unto making me mad, Im still not satisfied with his 'thank you'

"Milady are you alright?" Tia worriedly asked.

"Im fine. Now let's just forget that we bumped into that ungrateful creature." She said as she led the way.

Without Freya's knowing, Tia actually has a slight liking to Felix. It's not new, Felix was indeed handsome that he stands out a lot. Even though he looked cold and does not care about anything, women still admired her Brother.