Chapter 6 : Thank you

"SEE YOU SOON SAHARA!!" Freya waved at Sahara who's standing next to her Father the Count smiling and waved back at Freya.

The trip was silent, no one bothered to talk, until Felix decided to.

"You seemed to make the Counts's daughter like you." He uttered still looking at the window with his arms and legs crossed.

"She was a sweetheart, I like her."

It became silent once again which made Freya feel quite awkward. Then she remembered the brooch she bought for Felix, which was in her pocket.

She always brings the Brooch around so she could give it to him at any chance she gets, and she thought that maybe this is the time where she should give it to him.

She reached out the Brooch in her pocket and handed it to Felix who was confused and just looked at the Brooch in her hand.

"It's yours, my arm hurts just take it." Freya said.

Just then he took the Brooch in confusion and asked. "What's this?"

"A brooch, obviously." Freya said sarcastically

"I meant what's this for?"

Freya rolled her eyes. "I just wanted to give you a gift, nothing else."

Freya was pretty annoyed with Felix, she couldn't exactly point out why but she finds everything that Felix spits in his mouth annoying.

Felix was hesitant and still confused as to why his sister suddenly gave him a gift, back then Freya was scared of Felix that she won't even go near him. Probably because hatred was clearly seen in Felix's actions.

But the Freya he knew wasn't the same anymore, he had to put up with her still.

He parted his lips. "Thank you."

He said which made Freya smile widely. "Finally you said Thank you without any other words!" Freya exclaimed.

Felix just glared at her and continued to what he was doing before, while Freya couldn't stop smiling.

They got to the Ducal late evening, Freya was so tired and decides to just eat dinner at her chamber, after her dinner she decided to get ready to bed.

"How's the trip milady?" Tia asked brushing Freya's black silky smooth hair.

"It was fine, Felix finally said Thank you to me. . . Without any other words!" She said as if she won the lottery.

Tia chuckled. "Does Lord Felix liked the Brooch you gave him milady?"

"I don't care if he liked it or not, he said thank you so I'll give him that." Freya said contented of her Brother's simple 'Thank you'.

Tia couldn't help to think that the lady is just another poor child who wants her brother's love and affection, it warmed her heart to think that the Freya everyone talked about was not really what she seemed.

The rumors are wrong! Milady is a real sweetheart!! Tia said to her self.

"Thank you Tia, I'll be sleeping now. You can go now. Goodnight!" Tia always admired how Freya always says goodnight to her, that only means that she is being treated beyond a Lady-in-waiting.

"Goodnight Milady." She said before leaving Freya's chamber, she went to the quarters where all the servants have assigned rooms in a different building.

When she entered the room she heard her roommates talking about Freya, so she stood out there behind the door eavesdropping.

"She is so Scary!! I will never want to walk on the same path as hers!!"

"She's not scary, she's just a brat. Haven't you heard? She's quite a handful, I don't even know if your highness even loves her-" They were cut off when Tia barged the door open.

"The Prince does love Milady! How could mere maids like you two talk behind our Master just like that!" She said furiously.

The other girl stood up with her arms crossed. "How'd you know? Hmm? I bet the crown prince will get tired of your master's attitude soon enough because she is a bra-"

The maid wasn't able to finish what she was talking about when Tia lunges at her pulling her hair with anger while the other one tried to stop them but couldn't she went out to seek for help.

Just as she was running she found the Head Maid walking in the halls after she told her what was happening they rushed both into where it started and finally put an end to their fight.

Both Tia and the Maid were catching their breaths. "WHAT IS THIS ABOUT?!" The Head Maid yelled.

"This mere maid talked behind our Master's back, I don't think this maid is worthy still of her job as she just failed." Tia said with full power.

The Head maid looked at the maid who seemed guilty as she tried to avoid her gaze.

"Is this true?!"

The maid didn't respond.

"Is THIS TRUE?!" She asked once again but with disappointment in her tone.

The maid was hesitant but nodded afterwards. The maid knew she had nothing against the Lady-in-waiting, it was her mistake to talk back.

"To my Office. NOW!" Right as when they left the chamber Tia smirked.

I finally can get a goodnight rest. Tia promised to herself and to the lady, that she'll always choose her side. No matter what.

_________________

The day before the Duke's Birthday Banquet, everyone in the Ducal was busy preparing for the Banquet.

Freya too was busy making sure everything goes smooth and perfect in the actual day.

"Yes please put that there, wait, A little bit higher." Freya said instructing the maid whose on a folding ladder putting up some decorations.

"Perfect!" She exclaimed then went to look at the clipboard she's holding with the lists of all the things that should be done.

She wasn't stressed or anything as she always has the passion for design even before her past life, so she rather enjoyed this.

"Milady, why don't you take a rest?" Tia suggested bringing a glass of water in a tray.

"I'm not tired, if I stop now I'll lose all my motivation in this." She said and drank the water Tia had brought her.

"I'll be somewhere close to you milady, please call me when you need anything." Tia said before exiting.

Freya once again looked around the hall, she felt joy seeing how the place turned out. Most of the colors she used for the Banquet's design was Dark red and creamy white as she remembered that it would match the Diamond Brooch she gave to the Duke.

I won't overthink Aurelia's presence tomorrow, I'll stick with the first plan to avoid her as much as I can.

If she does something that'll upset me I shall play it smart and sneakily. This'll be the New Freya's strategy.