Chapter 28 : The New Goal

In the past few days, Freya and Zavier has been having time to see each other for tea. This is to avoid the gossip circulating about them, especially Freya.

Although almost everyone is pleased by this event, someone isnt. . The Empress.

"Have they been doing that just now?" The Empress asks her maid as she looks out the window.

"It has been days now you Majesty." The maid replied.

She walks in front of her big gigantic mirror and looks at herself. She carefully looks at her face, somewhat looking if there are any flaws.

"The wedding is right on the corner, everyone is becoming busy. . Tell that little Duke's daughter to come to my audience." She says.

The maid nods with a blank expression on her face. "Yes, Your Majesty."

Freya walked down the hall nervous with Tia following her from behind. The only she remembers about the Empress is that she didn't really like Freya that much.

There might be a chance for me to get her to like me. She thought before entering the Empress' royal chamber.

"Greetings to her majesty." She said curtseying.

The Empress only nodded at her and offered her a seat across hers.

"How have you been, Freya?"

"I've been doing good your majesty." She instantly replies.

"Hmm I bet you do." She says as she stirs her tea before taking a sip. "I'll get straight to the point my dear, since you'll be the next Empress after I die I want you to be prepared."

Freya was glad that the Empress thought of her. . . Yet there might be another meaning behind what she said.

"You do not need to do anything around the Palace as I am here, I heard from your father that you're such a fragile young woman."

Freya could almost feel her brows narrowing. What does she mean?

She was utterly confused. Work around the Palace comes along with authority and power, if she has none of it the people might gossip saying that she is incapable of doing work.

"I want to do something, do give me a job to do your majesty." She insisted, although this is a bold she couldn't careless.

By this the Empress was stunned. "What? Oh dear, I hate something bad would happen to your frail body–"

"I am capable of doing work." She cut her off. "As you said earlier, I am the next in line to your position it is reasonable for me to do work for the Empire."

I might have underestimated this child. The Empress thought and put her tea back to the table.

She sighs. "I guess it couldn't be helped, I'll have to send your lady's in waiting and tutors."

It's clear to Freya now what the Empress is trying to do, only fools would get fooled by her. She needs to lower her pride and still be polite to the Empress as she isn't married yet to the Prince.

"I appreciate her majesty's gesture but I would like to personally choose my Lady's-in-waiting and as for tutors I already have them."

This made the Empress quite irritated by the lady, yet she couldn't do anything about it.

She could only do it secretly and in this space she could as Freya's Lady-in-waiting is behind her. I would cause an issue to break out, that's a problem she wouldn't want.

"My dear is quite. . Prepared." She says.

Freya nodded. "I should be, I am the next Empress and to be an outstanding one I should be able to prepare myself to everything that goes my way."

The Empress could only grin.

FREYA was writing down a letter to be sent to her Father. The message it contain is that she needed the best candidates to be her Lady-in-waiting as well as a knight to protect her at all cost.

The old Freya must be so stubborn that up until now she doesn't have a Knight.

"Tia." She calls unto Tia who's already waiting for her. "Send this to my Father, please."

"Yes, milady."

After Tia had left her chamber, she looked out the big window next to her. She saw Zavier walking along with a Knight she had never seen before.

He was young looking, golden brown hair with a masculine build. I'm sure he'll look good with Tia.

Freya exhaled heavily and jumped on her bed. As she stares on the ceiling she started to reflect her actions in the past few events.

Is it right for me to still get married to Zavier?

This is her best option, she'll just have to deal with Aurelia once she comes but. . She came even before Zavier and Freya was about to get married.

I guess there's no way for her to still get Zavier after we get married.

She thought of how much she changed the plot, it ain't that bad she thought. I guess I should be a writer too. She chuckles slightly.

Freya couldn't bring herself to hate the idea of reincarnating in this novel. It's not as bad as she thought especially that she's a princess and soon to be Empress.

Enjoying luxury, meeting handsome men and simply having power is quite nice.

All these things she couldn't enjoy back then, so in this life of hers she wanted to do things that'll make her happy that'll make her feel contented and sustained.

A new goal was formed. .

Let's just be atleast happy. She thought before closing her eyes and taking a quick nap.

Tommorow will be much more busy as the wedding shall happen the day after tomorrow, she will prepare herself for the challenges she'll have to face.

Fulfill her new goal. .

To be happy atleast.