Chapter 29 : The Wedding

Wake up. . .

Come back home, please.

Don't leave me yet. .

Freya woke up in cold sweat. It was calling her, this is the second time she's had a dream like that.

But she needs to set that matter aside as today is the day, she's getting married to the Crown Prince. All the preparation made in the past few days just for this day shall be done.

She looks at herself in the mirror as servants fix and put glamour unto her, she couldn't hide the fact that she is nervous.

Yet she tries to calm down.

Instead thoughts started to rush through her mind.

Why am I anxious?

What if I mess up?

No. You will not mess this up.

"Princess, how who'd you like your hair to be styled?" The servant suddenly asked which stopped her thoughts from rushing.

She thought for a second. "I want it up but please leave some hair upfront, jewels. . I want a decent amount of jewels on my hair."

Even from her past life she planned to have jewels on her hair to her wedding so she's shining and glimmering.

"Yes, Princess."

Upon finishing everything up, with her hair and face fixed and her white glimmering mermaid gown that is puffy below and her veil covering her face she is ready to go.

Along with her in the carriage is Tia who seems to be more excited that she is.

"Milady-I mean Princess. I apologize Princess I'm used to calling you milady that I sound impolite now." She said.

I smiled. "If it's you then I'll give you an exception."

"I am very excited and looking forward, Princess. It's a big day for the whole empire." Her smile made Freya remember someone with such genuine smile as well.

But. . . She couldn't recall who

Upon reaching the Royal Chapel of Windster felt tense, she kept breathing heavily.

Her feet were shaking although it isn't seen because of her very long white gown she felt as if she'll fell any second now when suddenly she felt a hand on her shoulder.

It was Tia, she saw that genuine smile once again and she stepped back to assist and fix Freya's long gown.

I'm getting married.

This should be easy enough as saying I do and. . . A kiss.

Freya got flustered by the thought of kissing the Prince. . She felt that it was awkward to be kissing the Prince for the very first time.

Unlike Vik, Zavier, the crown prince does not look like a player nor a bad boy as he does not give off that smirk like Vik does.

As the doors opened before her she saw thousands of people, nobles and some were commoners at the least waiting for her wanting to witness this forge of power.

She took a deep breath before walking down the Isle and meeting Zavier's gaze, it made her feel a sense of calmness and at ease.

He smiled at her, it was magical to say the least. It was perfect, very, perfect. . .

"You look gorgeous, Freya." Zavier whispers to her after receiving her hand and standing right next to each other.

For some instances Zavier felt Freya's nervousness and suddenly held her hand for comfort, this touched Freya's heart in a way.

She didn't listen to what the Priest was saying, after some time it has now come to the part where the Priest says. "By the power invested to me, I now pronounce you husband and-"

The Priest was cut off short when a familia woman with red hair came. . Scarlet.

"Stop! This cannot happen!" She screams.

This sends Zavier tense and along with the guest confused by the sudden appearance of this unfamiliar woman.

Freya was even more confused. What was Scarlet doing and suddenly crashing her wedding?

What is she up to?!

"I am pregnant with the crown prince's child." She proclaimed, Freya's eyes grew wide in utter shock.

Pregnant? With Zavier's child?

How is that even possible?!

"Guards take that woman away." Zavier orders the knight beside him which follows his orders without question.

The Chapel was filled with chatters and murmurs as Scarlet stood there down the isle with pride.

As the Knights held her by the arm Scarlet resisted and tried to run to the crown prince but was unsuccessful as she was held down by the Knights.

"Your highness! Remember me, the night we spent on your chamber! Please-"

Freya and Scarlet's gaze met, instead of looking worried or shock Freya showed her a disgusted face which Scarlet returns with a smirk on her face.

"I never slept with any woman in my life nor I know you, Guards! Take that filthy woman out of here." Zavier sounded furious.

As Scarlet was dragged that smirk on her face remained. "I promise to show you all this child, is his." She says.

"Silence!" The Emperor's Right hand Knight yelled which made everyone in the Chapel shut their mouths.

"Please continue the ceremony." Zavier tells the Priest.

And so then the Priest clears his throat and looked at the book he was holding.

"By the power invested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the Bride." He continues.

Just then Zavier took the veil that was covering Freya's face to be held back and even though it was kind of awkward for Freya it happened.

She closed her eyes feeling and seizing Zavier's soft pink lips pressed against hers, it gave her a different feeling.

It felt genuine and real at some point.

Just then their lips separated she hears the cheering and the clapping of the thousands of nobles and commoners inside the Chapel.

Both of them walked down the isle as pink rose petals were being thrown in the air blessing them on their way out to ride the carriage back to the Palace for the Grand Royal Celebration.

The last thing she saw before she rode the carriage was the Empress looking at her with a smile on her face, it was not a smile of happiness not anything good.

The Empress seems like a threat to me.