Chapter 36 : Mischievous

"YES YOUR HIGHNESS, what can I do for you?" James, the courtier of the Prince.

With a background of being the third son of Viscount Hevocj, a talented and well educated man was able to be chosen as the courtier of his Royal Highness.

"Where is that mistress of my father hiding as of this time?" He asked not looking at the man directly.

"She is currently staying at a cabin on the countryside." James stated, "Shall I run errands for the upcoming Coronation?"

"Rey is already at it."

It was a busy day, Zavier wants the coronation to happen as soon as possible as he knows that his Father, the Emperor won't last long very much with his condition.

"Have you already increased the number of guards of the crown Princess?" Zavier then once again asked.

James nodded. "Yes I already have, Your Highness."

"Good. Keep an eye on the current Empress as well, she might have schemes ready by now." The courtier then nodded in response when suddenly a knock was heard.

"Enter."

Before the man speaks he bows to show respect. "Your highness, the mistress is dead."

Slamming his hands on the table, it was visible that Zavier is furious. "So that's why Elainne was in a good mood." He whispers to himself.

"Did you saw who killed her?"

The man was hesitant. "I am sure that it was the Duke Bonavich."

With his eyes widened. He sat back and leaned on his chair as he smirks combing his hair using his slender fingers.

"Ah. . Like mother like son indeed." He took a deep breath. "Dispose the body secretly and make sure no one, even the Emperor knows about this."

The informant nods.

What a dirty game that is, Elainne. Looking troubled he worries more, the Emperor shouldn't know. He'll die instantly once he knows.

He then stood up. "Tell Rey to prepare the carriage, I'm going meet the Duke."

DINNER TIME. Tia couldn't help herself but admire her once lady now turning into the Empress of the Empire she lives.

"Tia, Is there something wrong with my face?" Freya asked without lifting her gaze. "I have felt you watching me for sometime now." She added which made Tia shy.

She looks down. "I-I just find the princess mesmerizing."

Unfortunately, Freya has no words to tell her servant. She couldn't get used to this out of the blue compliments she has been given quite often lately.

"Do I?"

Tia smiles, assuring Freya. "I never lie whenever I tell her highness how astonishing she looks."

Damn. .

Freya thought.

ON THE OTHER HAND, at the Bonavich's Duchy. Zavier and Vik threw gazes at each other, no one initiated the conversation to happen.

Zavier sighs. "How are you, dear cousin?"
Finally, someone initiated to start and break the overwhelming atmosphere in the room.

"I've been doing good. What brings you here, your highness?" He says.

With sharp eyes, Zavier looks at him. "You're at it again, letting that of your mother control you."

"What are you talking about?" Vik asks, clenching his fist.

"Oh you know what I'm talking about."

Zavier provokes the Duke and he well did. Turns out Zavier already knows the secret he and the Empress has been keeping all this time. Yet, he kept quite.

A smirk on Zavier's face appeared. "I am giving you a chance Vik, considering the bond we had. Confess everything to me then I'll spare you."

This was a good deal for Vik.

But not as much as to his mother, Vik tells himself whether it was right to betray his very own mother. He doesn't want to be selfish, but if he does not then. . . this might be the end of both him and his mother, the current Empress.

"I am waiting Vik, we don't have much time." Zavier says checking his stopwatch in the process.

Pressed. Vik has no other choices to choose from. He has to give in. "Alright."

"But, don't kill my mother. . .I beg you."

That last 3 words took a lot of courage for a man with such high status embedded on his name to say such words.

A scoff was heard from Zavier.

"Good Choice. Now, sign these papers that you approve to be a testimony against all the crimes your mother did."

With shaky hands Vik signed the papers, agreeing to everything said on those papers.

"Zavier. ." Vik calls him after signing the papers. "Do you even love Freya?"

This question makes the mans' face serious. "What kind of question is that?"

"You're smart, I doubt you wouldn't understand that question."

Silence filled the room for a mere second. "What about you? Have you fallen for her?" He says, provoking the man.

Vik was unsure to what he felt for the lady who's now the Princess. "Om second thought. .I don't have to know the answer to that, she's already my wife."

This made Vik feel a bit annoyed by what the Prince has said mockingly to him. It was as if he was teasing Vik, making fun of him to which he didn't like.

"To answer you question, I do love her much more than you think." He said standing. "I forgave her to what the two of you had before."

Zavier shared as he stood up and turned around, but before he could leave the space he head slightly turned enough for him to see Vik in his peripheral view.

"Just make sure you don't seduce my wife ever again or I'll make sure you lose that head of yours."

And he left the room. Leaving the Grand Duke amused by his words. He had totally lost it. He thought smiling devilishly as he watches the Young Prince walk away.

"Fool." He says under his voice.

Mother like son. To Vik and Elainne this must be the right and fitting description for the two of them

Their mischievousness can't be helped, one thing Vik knew. . He'll ruin Zavier and everything he has.

Including Freya.