Chapter 27 : Conclusion

Later that afternoon, Freya along with Tia was on their way to meet the Crown Prince. It was kind of awkward still with Freya as she remembers disliking the Crown Prince.

"Tia do I look okay?" She asks Tia which Tia responded with a nod.

"Milady does look stunning all the time." She replies which flattered the lady.

She took a deep breath before entering the garden where she saw Zavier in the distant currently looking at the plants they are surrounded by.

He turned around and their eyes met. He smiled genuinely being grateful to see the lady.

Freya started to walk towards him and so he did as well.

"Freya, I'm glad you came."

"There is no way for me to refuse such invitation from his highness." She replied.

Zavier led out a sigh before pulling the chair next to him. " Please, take a seat first."

After both of them was seated. The servants went in a distance from them.

"Is the tea to your liking?" Zavier asks.

Freya nods as she puts her tea down." Yes very much."

It was silent once again.

Awkward it may seemed...

Zavier then brought of putting deserts unto Freya's plate.

"Please, try these. They are a delicacy in the palace that you must have a taste."

She did not waste any time and ate those deserts given to her, it was a strawberry tart and macaroons which she likes very much.

"These are good! In fact very good." She exclaimed.

Zavier then chuckles. "I'm glad, I'll make sure they send you some more of these."

"Are you sure? Thank you for his highness' generosity." She said.

"Freya, please call me by my name." He said. "I don't want to cause any fuss about our marriage, the servants will gossip soon enough."

"Oh they have been gossiping alright, I've heard many gossips already." She blurted out with no pause.

"What gossips?"

Freya looked at the servants in the distance before leaning a bit forward towards Zavier.

"I can't tell you, you might be head those servants. I certainly wouldn't want that to happen." She uttered.

"Is it about you and the Grand Duke?" He asked that froze Freya in a bit.

She tilted her head slightly. "It is."

"Then why would I behead those mere servants, you say?" He questioned.

Zavier thought of Freya thinking that he still has feelings for her, which is the truth although he cannot afford to be swayed by this feeling anymore.

He knew about them seeing each other amd the signs Freya made back then that showed that she is no longer interested on him.

"It's because you will also be a part of it. You can't have people gossip about your betrothed having an affair." She said in a straight face, she couldn't be bothered enough.

Zavier is speechless, she is right.

He couldn't afford such gossips to circulate around the Empire.

"Are those true?" As soon as he said it, he instantly regretted it. Once again he let his feelings go over him. "Please, forget about what I just asked-"

"No. I never had romantic feelings for the Grand Duke, perhaps only. . . sexually."

Freya had no choice, she did felt something but it's not something she could say that she fell in love. It's more in sexually like what she said.

I guess they already did the 'it'. . . What am I thinking?! "Zavier Thought.

Zavier blinked a couple of times, then he clears his throat. "Virginity is to be preserve-"

He was stopped when Freya suddenly choked on the tart she just ate.

"Drink this." He said as he handed out the tea.

Tia and the other servants was about to get involved with the matter but Freya signals them that it was alright after she sips her tea.

"I'm sorry." She said as she fixes herself. "You are wrong, I certainly did not gave up my. . . virginity." She closed her eyes in utter distress by such matter.

Zavier on the other hand was embarrassed by saying such a thing without even confirming first with Freya.

"Forgive me, Freya." His face started turning red because of embarrassment.

Freya couldn't help but chuckle. "That is why you don't get straight to conclusions."

He then scratches the back of this head smiling. "I will keep that in mind, Freya."

"I suggest we create a solution for that." He added.

Freya nods. "We really should, I thought of acting like a real couple would do."

"Aren't we a real couple?" She froze by what Zavier had said, it took her by surprise. "Sorry, we were before."

"Ah yes. . . Then we should show them that we are a real couple." It was awkward.

In fact, really awkward.