Chapter 7 : Duke's Birthday Banquet

IT'S THE DAY of the Duke's Birthday Banquet, everyone has been looking forward to. . .

Guests from around and outside the Empire started arriving as the sun goes down, you will hear their chattering. Stunning gowns and suits were to be seen.

Freya as well was busy preparing herself, "I'm nervous Tia."

"Milady I assure you that everything is ready and nothing can ruin it." Tia said assuring the lady.

But that wasn't making Freya nervous, it was that what people might say about her. Even in her past life she has been quite anxious at times where she could barely take a hold of herself.

But either way she'll have to face it. No matter what people say it's gonna be about the past Freya, this is the new Freya now. She said to herself before taking a deep breath and standing.

"You look so perfect Milady!!" Tia exclaimed clapping her hands after.

Freya could only smile and admire her new form in the mirror. I will devour everyone in a new updated way.

When it was time for the Banquet to start, Freya came up to his Father who's standing behind the big door. She can hear someone talking on the other side, her's and Felix's job is to escort the Duke.

"Freya?" The Duke shockingly looked at his Daughter who looked stunning in her Red puffed shoulder dress.

Freya smiled at her Father. "Happy birthday Father!" She hugged the duke tight.

The Duke embraced her daughter. "You are gorgeous." He uttered.

"Well you are looking rather gorgeous yourself Father." She said.

She looked at Felix who was looking at them quite blankly. Did I made him jealous again? His jealous ass. . .

Freya came to hug his brother as well. . . "Felix you are looking quite dashing as well!"

Freya wasn't lying, Felix indeed was looking dashing in his White and red suit while the Duke wore an all red sparkling suit.

"Thanks." Felix said.

Freya smiled genuinely, it made her feel that she should compliment her Brother more if that's the only way she could hear him say thank you

When they heard that the doors were about to open they positioned themselves, on the right side was Freya, on the left side was Felix and the Duke was between them.

They smiled as people clapped their hands to their appearance. They left the Duke at the center on the mini stage like form.

"I would like to further extend my gratitude to everyone who came to this Banquet of ours, now let us formally start the Banquet!" The duke said and pianist started to play the Piano and the other instruments.

Freya came close to Felix, as she was quite anxious. She knew Felix would never help her when she's getting picked on so she thought of using Felix as a scarecrow.

"Aren't you going to get something to eat Freya?" Felix uttered without glancing at her.

"I'm not hungry."

I wish Tia was here, Tia would probably comfort me when I say I'm nervous.

She heard him sighed. "I'll be off greeting guests."

Freya doesn't want to be alone so she followed Felix, Felix quite somehow knew that Freya is following him but he chose to ignore.

"Greetings Marquess Ayyers."

"Ho Ho! It's Lord Yeovil, How are you? It's been a while." The Marquess said.

When they noticed Freya's presence they looked at her, Felix couldn't bare to embarrass their name so he also turned to Freya.

"Please pardon my sister, she's quite not used to these things." He said.

"Greetings, Freya Lavine Yeovil, Marquess Ayyers." She bowed slightly at the Marquess.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you Lady Yeovil, I've been wanting to sight your beauty for quite some time." The Marquess replied.

"You see my son-" The Marquess was stopped by Felix when he suddenly turned to Freya.

"Please excuse us Marquess, the lady here is probably getting hungry I shall escort her 'round." Felix said before he turn to leave bringing Freya along with him.

"What was that?" Freya asked in confusion.

"You don't want to know the Marquess' son." He said as he gave Freya a glass of sparkling water.

Freya couldn't be bothered so she just brushed it off as well.

"Finish that faster, we'll be talking nobles." He said strictly then Freya did what he said so

Even though Freya was quite hesitant and doesn't really want to entertain nobles, she knew she had to.

"Talk to that group of noble women, I'll be there at the other side." He said, as he was about to be off Freya pulled his arm.

Freya whispered. "Come get me after a minute."

Felix's brows almost met. "A minute isn't enough, just go and talk to those girls just like what you did with the counts daughter." And he was off.

Freya took a deep breath before walking towards the group of 4 noble women around her age.

"Greetings Freya Lavine Yeovil, how have you ladies been." Freya said flashing a smile.

The ladies were quite hesitant to reply to her. I should've just left, Im gonna choke you Felix!!!!

"It's been great. . . I love your dress Princess, it suits you well" The lady said.

Freya smiled once again. "Thank you! I personally love your dress as well, it compliments the lady's eye color."

It was visible that the lady was moved by the lady's compliment. "Oh you too, I really love how your hair is styled." She complimented the other Lady.

"Oh! Thank you very much Princess!" she said.

The other 2 that was holding a plate of sweets Freya decided to entertain them instead of complimenting them.

"Would you two want more of our sweets? There are plenty more." Freya flashed another smile once again.

I think my jaw will break from all this smiling. After a while they loosened up and told Freya their names.

They were Lady Catherine Moe, only daughter of Viscount Moe. Lady Penelope Von Carter, 2nd born of Marquess Carter. Lady Denise Blythe Wendel, 1st born of Count Wendel and the last one is Lady Emily Switchè, youngest of Count Switchè.

"Princess" Catherine called.

"Please Call me Freya instead."

The lady hesitated but later on just accepted. "Freya. . . I want to say that you're very beautiful."

Freya got flustered. "Oh, thank you for that, I do think Lady Catherine herself is very beautiful as well." She said flashing a smile.

Later in their discussion Freya saw this girl coming towards them, she had a feeling that it might be. . .

Aurelia