Prologue

✩⋆。‧₊˚⭑˚₊‧。⋆✩

✩⋆。‧₊˚⭑˚₊‧。⋆✩

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗

Many people knew the tale of Peter Pan and his lost boys. Many also knew the story of Wendys great adventure when she was taken by Peter to never land. What a many people didn't know, however, was that after Wendy chose not to stay in neverland with Peter, he chose not to return himself. He could not bear to be apart from the girl he grew ever so fond of. so, for her, he set away his fears of growing old.

Growing old wasn't so bad when he had his Wendy Darling by his side.

Years of normality passed until one day Wendy had some news. She rushed into the bedroom the couple shared and demanded her husband sit down and listen. Peter could see the oh so familiar sparkle of excitement in his beloved wife's eyes and the flush to her cheeks so he listened patiently for her to begin telling him what had got her so worked up.

Three simple words is all she said, but those three words changed the couples lives forever.

"i am pregnant"

Peter was, of course, overjoyed with the idea of having a child of his own to love and take care of. He rushed to scoop his wife up in his arms as he let out a joyful laugh. They were having a child! what did he do to deserve such a beautiful life?

Nine months later brought the arrival of a beautiful baby girl. They'd named her Philomena  Pan. The name Philomena was unusual, they knew, but it meant courageous lover or in other words lover of strength. They liked it and that's all that mattered.

Peter Pan and Wendy darling adored their only child like nothing they'd ever loved before.

Wendy loved having a little girl to dress up, bathe, nurture and read to. Peter preferred to tell his stories without reading from novels as his wife so often did.

Peter would tell Philomena great tales of his past adventures in neverland with his lost boys and he'd even sometimes re-enact dangerous sword fights energetically whilst Philomena watched him with admiration and wonder.

Philomena was most accustomed to the story of her fathers fight against his archenemy Captain Hook, the pirate captain of the brig jolly roger.

After hearing his stories she'd pleaded with her father to teach her some swordsmanship, he finally agreed when she turned fourteen and much to her mothers dismay she was taught how to wield a sword.

Peter Pan taught his daughter everything he had learned from his years of adventures and soon she came to be very skilled just like her father. He wanted to make sure she was safe incase she were ever to encounter a certain hook handed captain, not that that was very likely.

After his great defeat, Captain Hook had been banished to the isle of the lost along with all of the other villains and their children never to be seen or heard again.

However, no matter the great distance, Peter and Wendy still feared the man would one day try to get his revenge. This lead to Philomena living a very sheltered life. that combined with her fathers opinions about growing up caused Philomena to be innocent and almost clueless about the world outside of her family estate. The only people she really ever spoke to apart from her parents were her uncles, Michael and John, the brothers of her mother. They were kind, funny and often brought her books and toys as gifts so she greatly looked forward to their visits.

No matter how happy she was though, she had always longed for a real adventure like her father so often talked about. She wanted to fight pirates and have a real sword fights, she wanted to look for treasure. she wanted to live.

Her wishes were partially answered when she received an unexpected letter from Auradon prep. The prestigious school of mostly princes and princesses had wrote to her to say that if she so wished she could attend the school.

Philomena was overjoyed. she got to go to school! she could have friends and go on adventures. she simply couldn't wait!

Her mother and father were less fond of the idea of their precious little girl going to a school so far away from them but they reluctantly agreed to let her go.

The summer months passed quickly and soon Philomena was bidding tearful goodbyes to her parents and her uncles. She hugged each of them and listened to their advice intently before she had to step into the limousine that was sent by the school to transport her to the place she would be spending the majority of the next few years of her life.

Wendy was slightly worried about how her daughter would fair alone in a place she had  never been before. hell, she'd barely been off of the properties land, only to occasionally visit family members and friends of her parents.

But if she was anything like her father, Philomena would be absolutely fine.

With her husbands arms wrapped around her in a loving embrace, Wendy Darling just hoped her daughter would get to have the adventure she had always dreamed about.

╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

✩⋆。‧₊˚⭑˚₊‧。⋆✩

✩⋆。‧₊˚⭑˚₊‧。⋆✩