seven

chapter seven ~ Hook

The cogs in Philomena's mind were turning rapidly and she couldn't get them to stop. It was something she struggled with a lot in the past until her mother taught her how to calm herself down.

That boy they had just encountered, had a Hook like her father had always told her about. Warned her about even.

But gods the way he looked at her would have any girl weak at the knees. The first thing she noticed was his crystal blue eyes rimmed with dark eyeliner. The dark makeup made his already striking eyes look even more intense. His face too. Philomena didn't know much at that moment but she knew he had a nice face and fluffy brown hair and- she had to stop thinking about him before anyone noticed the flush in her cheeks.

He was undoubtedly the son of Captain Hook and that terrified her. So why was she so drawn to him? Why did she want to ask questions to learn more about him.

She knew his name was Harry because that's what Evie called him and she assumed he was the son of hook but that was all she knew.

She was thinking about him again! She slapped herself discreetly. Ben was captured and all she could think about was the Pirate.

"Get a grip of yourself Philomena" she uttered as she zoned back into the conversation her friends were having about the missing king.

"if you guys never would have brought him here this never would have happened" Mal was angry at her friends "what were you thinking! And bringing Phina aswell? you guys know just as well as i do how dangerous the isle is for people like them"

'people like them?' Phina wondered what she meant by that. She was a big girl she could handle herself so why was Mal so furious?

"Ben was gonna come with or without us we just wanted to protect him" Evie defended herself and her friends "And Phina found your note we couldn't just come without her"

Philomena started to feel less and less welcome by the second but she kept her head held high and refused to feel hurt by anything her friends were saying.

"okay, okay so what are we gonna do?" Jay asked trying to ease the tension in the room.

"we are not doing anything" Mal said as she walked down a few steps to walk closer to her friends. "this is between uma and me, and she's a punk and guess what now i have to go get him"

it was safe to say Mal was not happy in the slightest

"woah woah woah Mal" Carlos tried to stop his purple haired friend from leaving so soon without thinking anything through properly. "You're still gonna have to go through Harry Hook and his wharf rats"

Philomena's inrest in the conversation was piqued by hearing his name ,Harry Hook, so he definitely is the son of captain Hook and that made things a lot more serious.

"yeah you're gonna need us" Jay agreed with carlos but Mal shook her head.

"Uma said to come alone"

"Mal, come on" Evie said trying to get her friend to see sense.

Carlos sighed "she said to come alone. But i know one thing, i'm not going anywhere" he sat himself done next to Philomena in the creaky sofa and looked at her smile toy asking if she was okay. Phina smiled and nodded her head.

"we'll be here when you get back" Jay told Mal who left without saying anything.

An hour or two went by and the small group of four began to grow restless waiting for their friend to get back until finally they heard the door creak open and saw Mal walk in. Everyone stood up anxious to hear what she had to say as ben wasn't by her side and her expression wasn't particularly happy.

"Uma wants the wand" Mal told them and she went on to reiterate what had happened at the chip shop.

When mal was done with her story Evie stood up and began to pace around the room like she often did in stressful situations.

"There's no way we're gonna give uma the wand" Evie threw her hands up in the air "we can't just let her destroy auradon"

"if Uma doesn't get the wand then Ben is toast" Carlos said.

"Great. so we're gonna give uma, of all people, the wand" Evie said sarcastically.

"doesn't Carlos and jay have a 3D printer?" Phina asked quietly. She hasn't thought anyone had heard her over all the shouting Mal pointed at her and called everyone's attention.

"Wait yes you guys! Your 3D printer" Mal said as she gestured to carlos and Jay.

"a phony wand" Carlos gasped at the idea "in my sleep"

"you're a genius Phina" Mal laughed excitedly.

"yeah but the second uma tests it she'll know it's fake" Evie tried to bring everyone back to reality

Phina could tell that Mal was platting in her head

"okay so we just get Ben out really fast, we need some kind of diversion" she said and everyone thought for a moment.

"smoke bombs!" Jay said

"that's perfect i'll get the chemicals i need from lady tremaine's place. That could work" Evie said quickly eager to why their plan into action.

Mal and Evie talked quickly bout Mals new hairstyle whilst the boys sat and watched them talk. Philomena was in her own world wondering how on earth she got herself into this situation. Her thoughts where halted when Jay and Carlos caught her, Evie and Mals attention as one of them cleared their throat loudly and the other shouted a loud "hello?!"

Mal clapped her hands together as she remembered their situation.

"Right. Carlos, Jay you guys meet us at pirates bay no later than noon" she out strong emphasis on the last part "Phina you can stay here and rest" Mal looked at her as if she knew that Phina was struggling. 

"me and Evie will go to lady tremaines to make the smoke bombs and then we'll be right back to get some sleep for ourselves" Mal assured Phina and Evie nodded along.

"and you guys, losing? not an option" she looked around at each of her friends. "cause we're rotten"

"to the core" everyone replied in unison, including Phina. 

"let's do this" Evie said when everyone was leaving the apartment which left Phina alone in peaceful silence. She threw herself back onto the sofa and closed her eyes. It was late so she supposed she should probably try to sleep before they would have to face Uma and her crew tomorrow. She wondered if she'd see a certain blue eyes hook handed pirate, and with the image of him in the back of her mind she fell asleep.