nineteen

chapter 19 ~ Goodbye

Philomena, Harry and Uma walked though the forest in silence, each lost in their own thoughts.

Phina cleared her throat and looked at her new found friends. well, She hadn't really spoken to Uma all that much but Harry had told her a few things about the captain he admired so she hoped Uma would come to see her as a friend too.

"I'm not gonna defend Mal because what she did was wrong. I just hope that you won't hold it against Me, Jay, Carlos and Evie because neither of us knew that she was lying the whole time" she began

"And i saw how well everyone got on back there, i mean gods look at me and Harry we were the people that were most likely to kill each other at the beginning of today, but it shows that we're all not so different after all and if we put our history and...parents behind us we can be good friends" She paused, mulling over her words "Now i'm just rambling on but you get the point"

She looked at Harry and Uma who seemed to be taking her words into consideration.

"And Mal" she fiddled with her fingers as she spoke nervously "well she's just trying to do what's best for Auradon but she shouldn't have lied. She's just been so stressed lately and i just think everything is becoming too much for her. Just...don't hate her too much because she's trying"

Harry smiled at her and wrapped an arm around her shoulders but no one spoke again.

The group walked across some grass nearing the school to find Gil but they were stopped by a shout of Umas name. Mal had caught up to them and ran to stand in front of them so they had to listen to what she had to say.

"i need your help" Uma tried to walk past the pleading girl but Mal stopped her "we have a chance if we do this together"

"Your friends kick you to the curb?" Mal didn't reply "Good"

"Ben saw something in you and today, Uma, i saw it too. You care Uma. You care about everybody, and Auradon is worth saving. Help us, please" Mal said desperately.

"You talk pretty, but she's already made up her mind" Harry said to the girl in front of them

"you brought this on yourself Mal. You figure out how to fix it" Uma tapped Harry on the chest and walked past Mal "let's go"

Harry who still had his arm around Phina shifted his hand to hold her wrist gently and pulled her along with him to follow Uma across the field.

"Can you believe her she-" Uma was cut off by a roar and in unison the small group of three looked up to the night sky to see Mal in dragon form circling the tallest tower of the castle.

Green blasts of light flew at Mal which she assumed to be Audrey but she could hear someone else shouting too. Phina gasped and turned to Harry and Uma.