five

chapter five ~ wandering king

Philomena ran close behind Evie as they rushed out of Auradon prep to to the limousine that would take them to the isle.

The sun had set leaving darkness to befall the kingdom which only added to the anxiety and fear Phina was feeling.

They ran down the front steps of the castle and Jay turned around as Ben called his name.

"Jay! keys" Ben threw the keys into jays hands who caught them swiftly "remote" he added whilst giving Jay the remote too.

"wait!" Evie shouted making everyone stop and look at Evie with worry. "somethings wrong"

Evie gestured for Phina to come closer and upon doing so evie adjusted the dark green jacket Evie had made her wear over the top of her off white shoulder less blouse and matching layered skirt. She was also wearing an array of necklaces because apparently it really made her fit right into the isle. Phina knew that Evie just enjoyed getting to style her so she did not complain.

It seemed Evie really went for the peter pan-esque  look as she was wearing dark greens, off whites and browns as opposed to her usual light blue summer dresses which where similar to that of which her mother used to and sometimes still does wear.

Everyone sighed in relief as nothing really terrible was wrong until Evie held her hand out again halting everyone's movements. She walked over to Ben this time and straightened out the hat that covered most of his hair.

"there" she said with a satisfied smile.

Philomena almost had a heart attack when she heard a voice shout "shotgun" and seemingly so did everyone else until their eyes fell upon Dude, carlos's pet dog. Philomena shrugged relieved that they weren't being attacked and looked back towards the limousine. She looked back at the dog quickly as her mind processed everything that had just happened.

"The dog can talk?!" she wasn't sure if it was a statement or a question.

"yeah" Carlos sighed before he pointed at the dog "no dude the isle is way too dangerous"

Jay looked as though he was still finding it hard to believe that the dog was talking so he looked at carlos then back to the dog.

"Did he just-"

"Talk? yeah, i'll tell you later" Carlos rushed out and ran to get in the car.

Everyone else followed him still slightly in a daze. 

"let's go" Ben uttered as he too got in the car next to Philomena.

"okay" Evie spoke "once we cross the bridge, park under the pier in the old garage. Got it?" She was obviously telling Jay since he was driving the limousine but Philomena hung onto her every word. The isle was dangerous and she wanted to do everything's she could to make sure she would be somewhat safe.