one

Chapter 1 ~ Friends

Chapter 1 ~ Friends

Philomena watched Auradon preps resident VKs from where she lounged on the grass. With an open book in her hands she peered over the top of the pages.

She watched Jay who walked a few steps ahead of their small group. A series of giggles followed him as girls said "hi" to him when he passed with a cocky grin.

She supposed it was because cotillion was in just 3 days and they all wanted to be the girl that Jay would have on his arm for the evening. Gosh people got so desperate when it came to cotillion.

She knew Jay wasn't going to take anyone, he'd expressed quite clearly that he was planning on dancing with a fair share of girls and so taking just one would ruin too many opportunities for him.

Carlos followed closely behind him. He looked to be thinking about something as he paid no mind to anything that was going on around him.

Evie and Mal were there too walking side by side. Evie was chatting away like she so often was, most likely taking about some dresses she was going to make and who can have her next free appointment. Mal nodded along dutifully but she wasn't really listening. The newly blonde girl had been so stressed lately with everything from her relationship with Ben to the paparazzi that was constantly hounding her. The poor girl needed a break but no one really realised.

Well, no one except Philomena.

It seemed as though Mal had sensed the girls gaze as she looked to her left to see Philomena looking at her over the top of her open book. Mal waved with a small smile and Philomena waved back lazily.

She closed her book and picked herself up off of the grass to walk over to her friends who had stopped to talk to Jane.

"Hi Phina" Evie grinned excitedly at her friend who smiled back.

"Hey Evie" Philomena replied before she looked over at mal who was stood beside her blue haired friend.

"Mal? you okay?"

Mal broke her stare from the ground and looked to Philomena who she hadn't even realised had come over.

"oh hey Phina, i'm fine-" she said before Jane cut across her to talk about the preparations for cotillion.

Evie placed her hand on Philomena's arm to grab her attention before speaking quickly  

"Phina, if you want a dress for cotillion you need to come around to my dorm as soon as possible. I don't think i can make a dress from scratch but i've definitely got some things we can work with"

Phina puffed out her cheeks and avoided Evies eye contact as she uttered "i'm not going to cotillion"

"what?!" Evie exclaimed.

"but you have to it will be so much fun!" Evie tried to persuade her but Phina was having none of it.

"i don't like all the singing and dancing stuff"

The truth is, her parents had never really sang and danced at home except the odd lullaby to soothe her to sleep when she was a small child.

You can imagine her shock when on one of her first few days of attending auradon prep almost the whole school broke out into song and dance. She had grown somewhat used to it by now but that did not mean she would join in anytime soon.

Philomena excused herself as Lonnie bagan taking to Mal about cotillion and marriage. Mal looked as though she was going to faint at Janes explanation of how cotillion was like "being engaged, to be engaged ,to be engaged"

Phina made a mental note to definitely check on Mal later when no one was around to stress the girl out about cotillion, marriage and just life in general.

✩⋆。‧₊˚⭑˚₊‧。⋆✩

Philomena Pan was bored out of her mind, and with the stress of cotillion all of her Vk friends were busy doing something or other.

Gods, she missed her parents.

If she were at home right now she would probably get her father to have a pretend sword fight with her or help her mother cook a family dinner to enjoy out on the lawn under the warm golden sun rays.

She had attended all of her lessons for the day and done every piece of homework she had been. given for the next few weeks.

Intelligence was something she had inherited from her mother. From a young age Wendy Darling had always expressed the importance of intelligence to her daughter.

Whilst her father prioritised teaching her swordsmanship and self defense, her mother on the other hand would spend an hour or two each day in the library with her daughter teaching her everything from classic english literature to mathematics.

At the age of just 16, Philomena could speak 7  languages and was top of every class at Auradon prep.

This took a major toll on her social life as she spent most of her free time studying and writing essays instead of having fun with her friends like most students often did.

So she had never had many friends, well, that is until the VKs joined the school. Initially Phina was slightly frightened of the intimidating group and she tended to avoid them.

it all changed one day when Evie sat next to the slightly shy girl in her magical history class. Philomena was shocked but her slight discomfort soon eased as Evie introduced herself with a smile that never left her pretty face.

Philomena, of course returned the gesture and introduced herself and Evie immediately complimented her unusual name and asked if she could call her 'phina' for short. Philomena agreed happily and the two girls had been close friends ever since.

Philomena, or Phina as most people now called her soon grew to be close friends with Evie and her other Friends from the isle. Carlos and Jay immediately welcomed the timid girl into their tight knit group and quickly became like brothers to her, although slightly overprotective at times.

Mal was hesitant at first but Phina understood that she simply needed time to adjust to the change. Phina didn't know what changed but over time Mal became more and more friendly with her which led to now where Phina considered the daughter of Malificent to be one of her best friends.

She had excitedly wrote home to tell her mother that she had finally made some friends but Wendy darling had almost fainted upon reading that her daughters friends where the children of some of the most notorious villains in the land.

Peter was relived that the no spawns of satan or otherwise known as Captain Hook where involved in his daughters letter otherwise she would have been brought straight home and forbidden from attending Auradon prep ever again.

He wouldn't know what to do if his darling daughter was put into danger by his own enemies.  He knew he could protect himself but how could he protect his daughter from so far away?

He just hoped she stayed out of trouble and away from any of the dreaded Hook family.