14

We run together with Stefanie through the white corridors. "Hey, what are you doing here?" asks a voice from behind us. We turn around and see a guard. Stefanie quickly pushes us into the nearest room when the guard calls for reinforcements. Minho quickly locks the door. “What do we do now?” he asks.

I look at the room and see large windows. I look out the window to see a pond there. ''I might have an idea'' I say and look at Minho and Stefanie. Together we break the window. Suddenly the door opens and guards enter with their guns. "I'm sorry," Minho whispers to me. I look at him questioningly. He pushes me out the window. I see Minho and Stefanie being caught by the guards.

I fall into the pond and quickly swim back to the surface. I quickly get out of the pond and start running.
Subject B12 has escaped. If you see her bring her back to us immediately or notify us'' can be heard through the streets. A large picture of me can be seen on one of the buildings.

I keep running. WICKED guards are chasing me. I run down a small road where no one is. Suddenly I am pulled by someone in another street. I try to get out of the man's grip but am unsuccessful. "Shh, I'm here to help you," says the man.

He gestures to follow him. I hesitate for a moment, but finally follow him anyway. We go through an underground tunnel. We climb a ladder and then find ourselves in a dark room.

"Where are we and who are you?" I ask him. "I'm Gally. I was also in a maze. I escaped and then there was a group that found me. They brought me here and now I work with them.'' he answers. "Why are you helping me?" I ask him. "We heard that someone from the Right Arm was captured by WICKED and knows a possible cure," he explains.

''Isn't that you?" "Uhm, yes, I'm Y/N. Is there any possible way I could contact the Right Arm. I have to inform them that one of our friends is still in WICKED headquarters.'' I say. "We'll do that tomorrow. There's someone who wants to meet you first,' says Gally

Gally leads me to a staircase. "Try not to stare," he says and walks away. We enter a dark room with many plants. A man is standing by the plants. "Gally, glad to see you made it back," says the man. "Did you find the girl?"

''yes, this is Y/N'' Gally points to me. The man steps out of the darkness. He has no nose and half of his face is that of a crank. ''Hello Y/N, I'm Lawrence'' The man reaches out for me to shake it. I shake his hand. "Y/N, but of course you already knew that," I say.

'Nice to meet you. I heard you found a cure,'' he says. “Maybe, but I need to contact a friend of mine first. He has what I need for the cure'' I explain.

"We'll deal with that tomorrow. Now go to sleep, you've had a long night." says Lawrence. Gally takes me to a room where I can sleep. I fall asleep immediately once I hit the pillow with my head.

I hope to see my friends again soon.

-Newt Pov-

''I'm impressed, you guys almost lasted the whole day'' says Jorge who is driving the car. ''Sorry I didn't mean to involve you in this,'' Thomas says when he sees Brenda and Lana's looks. "I think what he's trying to say is thank you for saving us," Frypan says to the two girls. "You're welcome," Brenda replies.

''That was the last remaining checkpoint for the city'' Jorge says ''If that place is overran by cranks, it's very likely that the Last City will be as wel''

''Yeah, unless they've found a new way to keep out the cranks'' Lana says. Everyone turns to look at what the girl has seen.

In the distance, a gigantic city can be seen behind walls even higher than those in the maze. Jorge pulls the car to a halt and everyone gets out to look at the city. "It's funny," says Newt. "We spent three years trying to break out of the walls, and now we're trying to break back in."

Yeah, it's hilarious," Fry replies sarcastically. "How do we get in?" asks Thomas. ''Don't look at me'' replies Jorge ''These walls are new. I'm guessing that's WICKED's answer for everything'' ''We're not going to figure it out from here'' says Brenda and gets back in the car. Everyone except Thomas and Newt get in the car.

"Do you think he's in there? Newt asks Thomas. "I guess we'll find out," Thomas replies. "You know she's going to be there too," Newt says. Newt and Thomas get back in the car and Jorge drives on, to the walls of the Last City.

------------

The group strides through the streets to the walls that forbid them to enter the city. "We are the voice of the voiceless." The group hears. ''They hide behind these walls. They think they can keep the cure to themselves!" shouts a man sitting on top of a moving car.

On the same car sits a man wearing a mask, who continues to stare at the gladers. It looks like he recognizes them.

"That's it, that's our way in," says Thomas as he follows the large group of people to the walls. ''Thomas this is not what you're looking for'' Jorge yells at Thomas. “We came this far. I'm not going back now'' Thomas looks at Jorge.

As the group tries to get to the front of the crowd, Newt notices that they are being chased by the masked man and his group. "Hey guy, we gotta go now. look'' Newt points to the men chasing them.

A loud sound is heard. Cannons begin firing and the crowd begins to move away from the walls. The gladers, Lana, Brenda and Jorge are running down a small road between two buildings.

They are pushed into two different vans one by one by the men wearing their masks. The vans start to drive.

After a while the vans come to a stop. Thomas, Brenda, Lana, Newt and Frypan get out of the first van. Jorge throws a man out of the second van and starts yelling and hitting him. ''Where is she!''

Brenda quickly runs over to where they are on the floor and tells Jorge she's okay. "Everyone relax. We're on the same side here." says one of the men wearing a mask.

''What do you mean the same side? Who the hell are you?" asks Thomas. The man takes off his mask. "Hey greenie," says Gally. The Gladers look at him in disbelief. Thomas walks up to him and punches him in the face. Gally and Thomas fall to the ground. When Thomas wants to punch him a second time, Newt quickly runs to them and stops him.

Tommy stop," warns Newt. "He killed Chuck," says Thomas angrily. "Yeah, I know, I was there, I remember." Newt says, "But I also remember that he was stung and half out of his mind. Just calm down'' Thomas goes off Gally. "Kinda had that coming," says Gally when he stands up again. ''Someone else? fry? Newt?''

''How? How is this possible?" Newt asks. "We watched you die." "No, you left me to die. And if we hadn't found you when we did, you'd be dead by now." he replies

"What the hell are you doing here?" "Minho, WICKED has him here"

"Hey Gally, what's going on I heard screaming?" says a very familiar voice. Newt looks at where the voice is coming from and there she is. "Y/N?"

✨1317 Words✨